User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Dad: 100% Spanish, but born and raised in Puerto Rico.
    Mom: 25% Jewish, 25% German, and 50% Irish.

I'm 75% Spanish and a mix between Irish, Jewish and German.

I just recently found out my great grandfather was a Lord in Spain. Somewhere along all that my family moved to Cuba and owned a cigar factory (they were very rich). Right as Castro was coming into power, their factory was taken from them and they fled to Puerto Rico. Out of all our family, I was the last one born in Puerto Rico when they decided to move to California. We split from our family and my dad wasn't around because he had to work so hard to start our lives over that I ended up never learning my families native tongue. The rest of my siblings were born within the 50 States.

I think my great great grandmother on my mom's side (100% Jewish) was actually put into a concentration camp but came out alive and ended up moving to the United States. She ended up marrying a full blooded German man. I have no idea how that works.

My three siblings took on my mothers side of the family with their red thick hair and freckles. I took on more of my fathers side. People often ask me if I was adopted because of it .
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

mostly french and choctaw indian on my fathers side
    on my mothers it's mostly french and irish.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Dad: 100% Spanish, but born and raised in Puerto Rico.
    Mom: 25% Jewish, 25% German, and 50% Irish.

I'm 75% Spanish and a mix between Irish, Jewish and German.

I just recently found out my great grandfather was a Lord in Spain. Somewhere along all that my family moved to Cuba and owned a cigar factory (they were very rich). Right as Castro was coming into power, their factory was taken from them and they fled to Puerto Rico. Out of all our family, I was the last one born in Puerto Rico when they decided to move to California. We split from our family and my dad wasn't around because he had to work so hard to start our lives over that I ended up never learning my families native tongue. The rest of my siblings were born within the 50 States.

I think my great great grandmother on my mom's side (100% Jewish) was actually put into a concentration camp but came out alive and ended up moving to the United States. She ended up marrying a full blooded German man. I have no idea how that works.

My three siblings took on my mothers side of the family with their red thick hair and freckles. I took on more of my fathers side. People often ask me if I was adopted because of it .
    Edit: Interesting family history! Its cool that you know the story
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

That's an odd question for an American to think about. I'm Mexican except for my grandfather who is Spanish. I'm 3rd generation at least in all directions, and maybe much more depending on what parts of my family lived in Mexican owned Texas and California.

I spent most of my life living on the Mexican border not being Catholic and not knowing Spanish. I wish I had picked up more culture there, but if you lived next to Juarez, you'd understand why I was resistant.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    That's an odd question for an American to think about. I'm Mexican except for my grandfather who is Spanish. I'm 3rd generation at least in all directions, and maybe much more depending on what parts of my family lived in Mexican owned Texas and California.

I spent most of my life living on the Mexican border not being Catholic and not knowing Spanish. I wish I had picked up more culture there, but if you lived next to Juarez, you'd understand why I was resistant.
    Which state did you live in that bordered Mexico? Juarez sounds familiar but I can't pick out where that would be. I just moved from Mcallen Texas, which is right on the border as well. I can understand not being Catholic and not knowing any Spanish, trussssst me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    Which state did you live in that bordered Mexico? Juarez sounds familiar but I can't pick out where that would be. I just moved from Mcallen Texas, which is right on the border as well. I can understand not being Catholic and not knowing any Spanish, trussssst me.
    There must be a couple Mcallens, because I know of one up in the Dallas area also. I lived in El Paso. It's nice to know someone suffered with not knowing their own language as well. My childhood was filled with people asking me incriminating things in Spanish. I know a lot of the swear words as a result. No, I'm not a maricon, and no I don't want to have any of your chorizo. Thanks, pinche puto.

Where'd you end up, are you not in Texas anymore?

A white German wall.

MBTI
    INTJ

Very interesting thread.

I don't know my ancestry. The little I know goes back to South Carolina. I assume my ancestors came over via slaveships.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

25% Swedish
    ~25% English
    6.25% Cherokee

The rest (I have to guesstimate) is Scots-Irish (Ulster Scots), German, Polish, Irish, and French-possibly-Jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    Very interesting thread.

I don't know my ancestry. The little I know goes back to South Carolina. I assume my ancestors came over via slaveships.
    Did you know that there are DNA tests that you can take to trace your ancestry? Peep out this article:

DNA testing discover's mans roots in African royalty

I looked in to this years ago, back then it costed around $300 or $400 dollars. I want to get my Dad to do this .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari