User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

He felt pretty fancy!

I don't wear hats often. Here are a few reasons:

They seem to say something that I don't want to say. I think I look a lot more down to earth and trustworthy when I don't have one on.

I get hot easily and they make my head even hotter and they make it sweat more. I'm sure that doesn't look good. Not to mention the fact that the inside of the hat gets pretty gross quickly because of the sweat.

I just keep things simple. I don't have tattoos or piercings. I don't even wear a watch. A hat just seems like an extra unnecessary thing.

I have a receding hairline and I embrace it. I don't want to cover it up because it hides part of who I am. I'm not afraid of people thinking I'm trying to hide it... I just don't want to hide it.

Occasionally, if I have to protect myself from the sun or if I have to cover really messy hair for just a little while, I will wear a baseball cap. The sun just goes right through my thin and sparse hair and that HURTS.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't like hats. I only make an exception with those fishing hats, with a circular bill around them. You can cover your eyes and look conspicuous and who doesn't like that?

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    The "gaucho hat" is fashion in Australia?

That´s great, since if you wear one here in the city, you´ll get weird looks. Because of the prejudices about rural people.
    Pretty much anything here can be fashion, providing you have the confidence to carry it off. No one really looks twice here if you whip down to the shops in your pyjamas.

It's winter here at the moment so I'd love to be wearing one of these right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    ^ OMG! Freaking awesomeness in Oz!!!
    Well we must be doing something right! Carson Kressley gets behind our races every year.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Just ordered these up for the summer to go with khakis and polos. Can't wait for 'em to get here so I can try 'em out.

Run A Muck Free Spirit Paper Braid Fedora Mens Hat

Jaxon Ridley C-Crown Fedora - Natural

Hats are gonna be my thing. Screw bow-ties. Fedoras are cool!

P.S. I've already got a fez but its only for certain occasions. My 11th incarnation is really laggin' behind.
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Fezzes always make me laugh for some reason. I think it's the tassle. Where did they originate? And do you guys ever have fun making your hat seem like a helicopter with the tassle whirling around and around while you wear it?

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Fezzes always make me laugh for some reason. I think it's the tassle. Where did they originate? And do you guys ever have fun making your hat seem like a helicopter with the tassle whirling around and around while you wear it?

Agree. They look funny. I don´t know why, though.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I like hats. My current favorites are cabbie and top hats:

I can't find the one I have.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I love hats but they don't love me.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    That fez is huge and ridiculous, but its supposed to be.
    It originated in Morocco, I believe. Part of the Arabian theme anyway.

That's kinda the whole point of the Shriners. Its to support a good cause (the hospitals) and to have a fun time doing it. The whole thing came about because some masons wanted to inject some fun and liveliness into masonry. That's why you see all the colorful, goofy parade units. The whole Arabian theme was chosen for the flashy colors and such. Just a bunch of guys havin' a blast (and believe you me, some of those ol' coots really know how to have fun) and supporting a good cause.

A little reading because I'm fresh and not hugely brushed up on everything yet:
    http://www.shrinershq.org/ShrinersHQ...ry_Booklet.pdf

As for the propeller thing, only if your name is Coy. LOL!
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO_tXzeiZAQ"]Ray Stevens- Shriner's Convention[/YOUTUBE]
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]