i like hats, but nothing too unusually shaped. i guess my caps can be a little tacky in some way though. like a leopard print trucker cap. not big on sports logos (altho i like sports) or brand logos, which marks out a lot of caps. driving caps, beanies, or beach hats are cool too
I LOVE hats! My favorite is baseball hats, I'm more of a casual kinda girl. I do have some cute girly hats though... Been looking for that perfect fedora....but haven't found one I truly like just yet!
What traits make some people feel that they don't look good in hats?
A wrong perception of their own features. Seriously, if you study your face and body type thoroughly, you will surely find a hat style that suits you. Everyone can look their best, enhancing any outfit by wearing the right hat.
That's a great article! And I agree with you DC about everyone being able to wear hats of some sort.
Until I lived in the States, I never realized that knitted winter hats were not called "toques" everywhere. There they called them stocking caps.
Right now I have:
- a brown felt Betmar cloche with a velvet and beaded bow on the side
- a forest green Laura Ashley felt with a wider brim and velvet around it, tying in a draped bow at the back
- a cream and light green Lilliput straw hat with watercolourey big flowers in a purpley blue
- an old fashioned cream coloured hat with curling feathers, bought at the Avonlea village in PEI
- a brown and tan tiny striped sun hat with a wide brim and flat top with a skinny bow that can draw the hat band tighter
- an Australian leather hat
- two Peter Grimm tweed caps in brown and blue
- a black Lilliput straw cloche with a sculpted spray of straw that stands up at the side
- a open weave wide brimmed straw dressy sun hat edged with brown and cream plaid cotton and trimmed with a big bow at the side that has a shaped brim that dips down and an interesting shaped crown
- a floppy lavender hat for hot days and cotton dresses
I like vintagey looking hats, although I've found most vintage hats are not in good condition or do not fit well. There is a wonderful hat store nearby where I go to drool at Lilliput hats and buy them when they are on sale at the end of the season. I was talking with the lady and she was saying that on the Prairies, people hate wearing hats with flowers, so she has quit carrying them. It's interesting to see what they do have though instead.