User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default What makes you decide to post?

What is it that compels you to post a response to a particular thread? Content? Other member's responses? Subject matter you care about? Your amount of knowledge on the subject? Comfort level with the people participating? Fluffiness? What else is/isn't going on in your life at the moment? Length of thread?

What makes you decide to stay away from posting on a particular thread?

What areas of the forum are your favourite/least favourite and why?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

short easy threads, I tend to avoid the forums below the bonfire, honestly.

ReflecTcelfeR

I tend to go towards what I know, or something that I can learn; what I wish to learn doesn't even have to be relevant to anything in my life, though sometimes that just occurs on it's own. I also like short and sweet answers. I also try my best to be friendly so sometimes I'll just joke around.

What I don't like is fluff... or redundency. This causes me to read each post so as to think of a different approach to the discussion at hand. If it's too fluffy though I just quit.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Some people love derails, others abhor them. Where do you stand?

Phantonym

Content is the most important, it draws me in. It might be subject matter that is important to me or I have thought about it before or something I haven't and I'm just curious. I might have something to add straight away or I might not, reading other people's responses might spark some ideas.

I read mostly every thread around here but I stay away from posting in a thread when I feel that the things I have to say would only be redundant. Sometimes there is a post or multiple posts that already cover my thoughts on the matter. Sometimes the atmosphere in the thread is something that puts me off, so I really don't want to get in the middle of it as it might affect my mood negatively. But I don't mind observing. With

I tend to take the whole forum in, where there's action, there I will be snooping around, possibly posting. I like to gather knowledge on a variety of topics and just ponder over things. I would only be limiting myself if I stuck around in only a few of the areas around here. I don't mind derails in threads at all.

Oh yeah, I like the "Welcomes and Introductions" section. I like making people feel welcomed to the community even if it is only a small line. I tend to think that this person might be somebody who could have a very positive influence on myself or anybody else and it could be lost to everybody if they didn't feel welcomed.

The Fluff Zone is just a nice way to relax and have some fun and to balance the whole foruming experience. And also, when I don't really feel like posting anything serious or when the serious matters irk me here, there or everywhere, off to Fluff I go.

Hate

I’ve found it to be mainly subject matter… If it’s something I want to learn or want someone to elaborate on something I will ask… As far as posting to contribute I will try to stick to subjects that I am familiar with… I don’t try to post on complex subjects pretending to know what I am talking about… I also like to joke around a lot though, so that could be a reason to post too.

As far as what else is/isn’t going on in my life, well you already know a lot about that Fidelia, so I’ve found this place to be a positive way to spend some of my free time.

I’ve actually found that I like all areas of the forum, but if I had to choose my least favorite I would have to say sports and games… doesn’t really interest me.

For me, derailing depends on how funny it is. if it’s funny then it doesn’t really bother me.

P.S. – Thank you Sky is BLUE!... you were actually one of the people that welcomed me when I joined here.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

What compels me to respond: A desire to drivel something + interest in topic vs length of posts in the thread - walls of text, especially in the OP + people already posting in it + tone of thread.

I stay away from uninteresting or irrelevant thread titles.

I am fluff.

Something to say pops into my head. An often unformed idea of something or other, just the idea of the post. I'm influenced by who started and who is posting in a thread. What it is about, do I have experience there.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

The topic is generally the first place I start. If there is something I feel strongly about I will post, otherwise I enjoy threads that present differing perspectives on serious stuff, and particularly where I can learn something about other cultures or contemporary thoughts and different perspectives.

Some of the discussion I would very much like to participate in, I unfortunately can't at the moment because I am time poor and could not follow through until after the next week.

I am not much into the fluffy threads or where people stalk and burn or are personally critical of others' perspectives, or otherwise derail interesting discussions with puerile comments and attacks. Very occasionally, when I have a moment to burn and need a distraction in between work type tasks, I might have a peek at the fluffies but can rarely be bothered commenting.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

A little bit is participation, answering peoples topics just like I am doing now. The rest is whatever interesting or funny thing that comes to mind is put on the board, if I deem it fit to be on the board.

Mostly, I'm not even aware of certain existing thread rails and I definatly don't derail for the sake of derailing. I also don't care about people derailing threads, I look at it in a more "interesting or not interesting" way.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf