User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Each of my posts is a gift to the thread in which it appears.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Some people love derails, others abhor them. Where do you stand?
    There is no such thing as a topic!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I don't notice what part of the board I'm in -- I only see the topics. I read if it looks interesting or fun or is addressed to my type, or written by someone I feel kinship with or would like to get to know better. I post if I feel secure that I'm actually contributing to the discussion, or if I am passionate about the subject, or if I see a post that someone obviously put work or feelings into and was not acknowledged, or if I agree with it and see that the poster got no backup.

I mostly don't post if people are arguing, unless I feel like I can judo it back on track.

Derails are great if they're funny. Derails are ok if the thread is running out of steam but it's a good thread.

Attention-whoring derails frustrate me. Nit-picking derails ditto.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Some people love derails, others abhor them. Where do you stand?
    If the subject at hand is stuck I appreciate a good derail, but if we are making progress with a thought I'm more inclined to keep discussing that until we can't anymore.

I post when the thread is short enough that I can catch up on what's been going on quickly and when the topic is interesting enough. Although there are a few exceptions. Derails are fine as long as they're going somewhere good and are in good taste.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I just do it.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I've only been here for about a week--I'm still trying to figure out my place in this forum and my relationship with its members. That being said, I usually post in a thread if I have strong opinions on the subject that I feel should be shared, and if I think other people will acknowledge what I post. I tend not to put in my two cents if there seems to be some sort of major debate going on, as I'd rather not interrupt.

Sometimes I am compelled to reply to another member's post, but if it's more than two pages back from the current one I usually don't bother by the time I reach the end. Derails I take on a case-by-case basis. Usually I don't especially care unless I had something to say about the original topic, in which I will most likely just bulldoze the derailment and keep talking. Also, if I found the discussion to be especially interesting I would be inclined to be bothered.

You can usually find me lurking in the Rationale, of course, as well as the Idyllic, Philosophy and Spirituality, Relationships, the Quiz forum, Academics, Science, and the Bonfire. I look at the other forums if something catches my eye, but these forums are where I post most.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    -it is about Politics or Religion (my work forbids me to engage in public debates about any of them, both in and outside my workplace)
    Where do you work, if you don't mind my asking? I'm just curious, because I've never heard of that before.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Oh yes---I forgot to mention.

If the topic title directly mentions INTPs I am also much more likely to post there, for obvious reasons.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Where do you work, if you don't mind my asking? I'm just curious, because I've never heard of that before.
    I know. I´m a Government employee. We have to abide by a very special set of rules, and one of them mentions that we must not engage in political discussions, or display sympathy towards any political party or religion in particular.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric