- Easy to answer question.
    - Good forum type dynamic-thread
    - Easy to crack a joke about.
    - If I want attention from the poster above

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    What makes you decide to stay away from posting on a particular thread?
    To actually stay away? For me, it would be the complete lack of any sort of acknowledgment after i've posted something. But that's just me.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Socionics
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by bcvcdc View Post
    To actually stay away? For me, it would be the complete lack of any sort of acknowledgment after i've posted something. But that's just me.
    It's nice to be acknowledged.

When I have a strong emotional reaction to a thread topic, I tend to write a long response. I keep my posts short when I'm feeling shy, which is often. Though it kind of goes against my nature, I'll open up about myself in my writing when I think it might help someone.

I like the part of the forum that has all of the goofy quizzes.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

-my time available (often I'm just reading in a spare moment and have no time for a thought-out post)
    -if something's directed towards me
    -if I have knowledge and think it's worth mentioning
    -if I can't help making a snarky comment about the OP's mom

I usually don't repost in threads unless I'm responding to someone.
    I don't usually post in really long threads, it seems pointless.
    I don't usually post in blogs, unless there's a specific problem I have an opinion about.
    I don't tend to post when there's a lot of drama or emo posters, unless the subject matter really calls to me and it's worth the trouble.
    I usually don't post unless I can offer new information or insight, unless I'm really interested in the subject matter, or if there's some debate over who's right.

I used to read a lot more and post less, but I increased my interest threshold for reading and now I respond to a higher proportion of the ones I read.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

When I'm stressed and tired I'm too stressed and tired to post. When I'm more comfortable I post where I feel I can say something in some way. I would like my banter ability back but its incapacitated as are other facets, the skills to maintain or keep up with posts or contribute. This includes when starting my own threads too. Other times I just get cold feet or some kind of crap and drift. Lack of knowing subject matter, writers block and such.

Oh yeah and being introverted, sometimes I'm just there as an observer of discussions.
    Strangely there are other times where I have to be in the mood, if I'm not in the mood I hardly post, which correlatives to energy levels.
    Plus when I am passionate about certain topics of interests I'll try to add somethings too.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I usually only post if I have something interesting to say that hasn't already been said. I don't see the point of posting just to express agreement or approval of someone else's post (even though I like when people do this for my posts). Unless the topic is fluffy, then I might post a useless one-liner.

Occasionally I begin to compose a reply, and find I just have so much to say about something and my mind is making so many links and connections to other topics, that it doesn't seem worth the effort to organize my thoughts. And I just abandon the post.

I don't post if I don't feel knowledgeable enough about the topic, or if the topic is very controversial, because I can be a wuss like that.

My opinion on thread derails depends entirely on the derail. Sometimes the derail is more interesting, or something I know more about, compared to the original topic. I like derails like that. I get annoyed when the original topic is interesting to me and someone just starts arguing something really stupid and carries on for several pages.

MBTI
    INFP

I post because I enjoy interacting with others. Sometimes it is to teach, sometimes it is to laugh.. sometimes it is to express myself, and thus develop myself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

My brain says "Hey, you should post something"

So then I do.

Mostly I lurk though.

Mostly to empty the head...make some space for new stuff. Like cleaning the house, getting rid of the garbage. Just makes you feel better.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

I decide to post when:

-the thread is about something interesting to me
    -I can say something helpful
    -I think that the thread itself requires my response
    -I can make a joke about it (although my sense of humour is not suitable for everyone)
    -I can test people´s reactions to one of my posts

The forum in which I post more often is the Guardhouse.

What keeps me away (o makes me run away from a thread):

-the OP is a wall of text
    -it is about Politics or Religion (my work forbids me to engage in public debates about any of them, both in and outside my workplace)

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric