User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i hate texting, its slow way to communicate, you might need to send like 5 messages and that will cost as much as 5 minutes of talking, people might not notice that they had a text message so it might take time for them to reply or they might not reply to it if it didnt contain a question, so you cant be sure if he did read the message or not. etc etc etc etc

Its much easier, cheaper and you can say more and ask questions easier when talking on the phone.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I prefer talking and verbal communication. I am able to get my points across better in verbal communications. I've noticed in the past three or four years how much better I am at verbal communication than at written communication.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't like to talk on the phone, it's a pet pevee / phobia of mine. I think I can seem autistic when I talk on the phone, I don't know what to do / say as "interlude", so I keep silent and people I think I hung up. So, my choice goes to texting, even though of course I'd like best to meet the person one-on-one. Somewhat oddly, chatting on IM is - from my perspective - much similar more similar to taking in person rather with respect to talking on the phone, because IM allows for smilies which convey body language / emotional state / etc.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Don't like phones, appreciate if people send me text messages or emails, especially if I don't have to respond, my preference for conversations is face to face otherwise get to the point, be interesting or go away, kaythnx!
    this. email >> IM >> text >phone (I really really hate the phone)

face to face is usually best but in a few cases, I still prefer email

I got unlimited texting on my recently acquired keyboard phone, but I'm not using it much yet so I might downgrade to prepaid.
    -end of thread-

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

You text me, I call you back with the answer.

I hate typing in a text with those damned annoying keys. It's slow, ineffecient and takes up too much of my damned time. :P

It's been quite worse at times, where for example my brother typed me a yes/no question, I called him, he picked up, I said no and hung up again.

That said, I've been picking up phones and dealing with customers from when I was 15, talking on the phone comes natural to me.

Funny how there are more INTP's that also hate texting for being ineffecient.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

I prefer in this order,

Email, IM, Texting, Phone, Faceboo/social networking.

I got coerced into getting a Facebook and I hate it. I get really frustrated when I email someone and they never get back and the next time I see them I confront them about it and they whine because I didn't send them a message on Facebook.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I prefer IMing on the phone, if you get the data network and use it enough it's cheaper than texting.

There's one point that people rarely bring up with texting vs. talking on the phone, and that's that if you're texting others can't hear what you're saying. I prefer that in most public situations. Also, if you get interrupted, you can pause. Also, there is not so much urgency with a text. There's no continuous "oh I'm busy can I call you back" exchange. You just wait until you can text back.

I always make sure to get phones with huge keyboards, though, so this might help.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INFP

I prefer calling, unless it's with my boyfriend whom I see every day, so we text as much as we talk on the phone. I don't IM, FB or email.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Talking on the phone, definitely. Much easier to get a hold of someone, rather than just wait for what could be hours for them to notice a text message or an email or a message on fb or what have you. Besides, there's so much I want to say and I really can't be bothered to type a message that's actually 3 messages long, when I can call someone. Texting is good for short things, like "Hey, wanna go get some coffee?".

I use msn a lot though, mostly for sharing links and photos.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INFP

Texting is good when both parties are busy. For example, I may text my boyfriend while I'm at lunch, and he will get it when he's on a break and I'll get his when I get off work.

We get to keep the line of communication open, yet it's at our convenience.