User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Sorry to hear that, BC. Stay strong, I hope it all works out for you and your family.

MBTI
    INTx

Hope for the best and give as much support as you can spare.

Take care of yourself, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Cancer is a weird beast. I've known some people who should have recovered and didn't, and others who weren't supposed to but did. A number of years back, my spouse actually got swollen lymph nodes to the point where we were very concerned, but they would not tell us anything about what they suspected (we just knew it wasn't good). The doctor did biopsies and then were very relieved to tell us that there was no malignancy -- apparently from all the symptoms and visual examination, they had actually been holding out no hope for it to be clean. You just don't know until you know.
    I've an aunt who beat several rounds of cancer over three or four years, recovered to good health, seemed perfectly fine for about six months, then was diagnosed with another cancer and lasted all of two weeks. It felt very random and unfair.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

That's rough. I really hope everything turns out okay for all of you in the end of all of this.

ThatGirl

Where is it located?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I'll be praying for your dad and you and for your family, Black Cat. You're a good guy and we're all here for you if you need us. Hang in there!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

That's tough, let the situation be manageable for you through this difficult time and strength to you.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I know how you feel. I lost my dad to colon cancer 1 1/2 years back but he was in his late 70s and didn't have the strength to fight it. When the doctor told us it was a Stage IV, it was a real rollercoaster of emotions.

There are many factors that affect how treatable a cancer is. At just 59, your dad will certainly have a better chance. There are treatments such as chemo that he can undergo depending on the location and stage of the tumour.

Not sure if I can offer much, but drop me a message if you think there is anything at all that I can help with.
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm sorry to hear that. I know we've barely interacted on here, but you're such a regular on here it feels like I know you, and this is saddening to me.

I'll be waiting to hear further news.

MBTI
    INFP

You will find you are stronger than you can possibly believe you are now.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Thank you for all of your kind messages and rep comments.

I have an update though-

It's definitely cancer, but it's around the galblatter and pancreas (not in it). They are going to do a CAT scan tomorrow or the day after that to find out if it's in the spine. If it's not, then they can treat it. If it is... then yeah.

I'll just have to wait and see. But my dad feels absolutely no pain in his back, it's just in his stomach (where the cancer is). He really doesn't think that there is anything wrong with his spine. So we'll just have to wait and see.

I was so stressed yesterday because the doctor we first went to basically gave out a death sentence, saying that he had something like a 3% chance to live. But upon more testing, this could very well be treatable. So I'm doing better now.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)