User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Smile

When a woman first looks at me, I notice she either opens or closes her mouth.

If she closes her mouth, purses her lips, I know she doesn't like me. But if she leaves her mouth open, I know she likes me.

And I must admit I find open a little more intimidating than closed.

MBTI
    yupp

the only way i can intrepret that as open=wants dick in mouth
    closed=doesn't want your dick in her mouth.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

My first impression of a person is totally open to revision. If I have a good first impression, then I go with it, If it's bad, I still go with it, but keep open the possibility that things will change. You just can't tell at first...not really.
    If you're talking about sexual attraction, the same applies.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When a woman first looks at me, I notice she either opens or closes her mouth.

If she closes her mouth, purses her lips, I know she doesn't like me. But if she leaves her mouth open, I know she likes me.

And I must admit I find open a little more intimidating than closed.
    I can tell when a woman wants me to kiss her: she glances down from my eyes to my mouth. It has yet to fail.
    But that's off topic.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

oooh weird. i never thought about that. i probably do do that. i can see myself doing that...interesting...i like it. good observation.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISTP

If someone makes a bad first impression…what are the chances of them redeeming themselves with you?

I don't find first impressions too reliable, you learn more about a person over time as you interact with them and observe them in action.

How much do you trust your instincts during a first impression?

I don't trust it. Impressions are only the tip of the iceberg, there's more.

What kinds of assumptions and stereotypes do people usually make about you during a first impression?

People tell me I look "smart" and "quiet".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    If someone makes a bad first impression…what are the chances of them redeeming themselves with you?
    Very high because I don't put too much stock in them.

How much do you trust your instincts during a first impression?
    I've learned that first impressions are predictable and I have grown to have a pretty healthy degree of skepticism about them.

We tend to like people who are upbeat, smile, engaging, open, interesting, friendly, show interest in us, and make us generally feel understood and happy. We tend to not like people who lack energy, seem cocky, don't smile or nod when we're talking, don't make enough eye contact, talk too much or too little, and don't show interest in us. We connect with people that we have something in common with - similar interests, experiences, background, etc. We have a harder time connecting with people when we don't have things in common. If we look at MBTI, we'd tend to appreciate people who have similar type characteristics. Js like Js. Ps like Ps. Ns like Ns, and so on.

Generally.

So, I think first impressions are a good way generally to identify how much we are like another person and have in common with them. They allow us to form some impressions about a person's interpersonal skills.

What kinds of assumptions and stereotypes do people usually make about you during a first impression?
    I once had a good friend tell me I came across as aloof/arrogant at first but this is not something I dwell on much. Maybe, you tell me.

How about when it comes to online first impressions…. What do you take into account when evaluating an online first impression?
    This is a great question. Online impressions are different than those IRL. I'm biased towards those who share some meaningful insights that I hadn't considered. Intelligence comes through. Humor comes through. Experience comes through. Kindness comes through. Quality certainly means more than quantity. I guess I don't easily form negative impressions but do sometimes quickly form positive ones. In other cases, they develop over time.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ISTP

my impressions are based on what someone's actions implies about their intentions and what kind of person they are. i dont usually need to form any conclusions for a while so i dont see the point in making any initially.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm pretty open to changing my mind about people. Usually at the moment I react negatively to someone I do trust my impression, but that doesn't mean it'll stick later on. It often changes. For example, I might interact with someone once and think, "Good God, what an idiot", and later on decide "well, he seems like he has some good things to say otherwise, so maybe he's just unreasonable about certain topics".

To others in person, I probably seem friendly, but bland. I'm clueless socially, and usually don't say much aside from banal, expected things. Online I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i find alot of times when people are like i'm always right about intial impressions, they're usually wrong but close off their minds to the possibility that the person could have had a bad day. JMO

I remember an "emotional intelligence" test from years ago that would give users a lower score if they reported being "usually right" about their own first impressions. The idea was that these people don't examine their own beliefs and assumptions as much as people who report being "often wrong".

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by angelhair45 View Post
    In the past this is how it seemed to go:
    -I ignore my first impression and go forth with initiating friendship.
    -Things go wonderfully and I scold myself for thinking such things about said person.
    -Then I realize I was right along and, my first impression proves to be true.

So now I generally trust my impressions.
    Interesting. For me, it is usually the opposite. My first impression is rather negative, but I have learned to keep an open mind and see what the person will do and say over time. I have made some of my closer friends this way. Perhaps this is because I am naturally critical and will see the negatives first. I have to make the effort to let the positives come out as I get to know the person better.

As for the impression I make, I get very little feedback. At various times I have been told I come across as boring, overly analytical, polite, critical, intimidating, honest.