User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

It won't stop raining on a daily basis here... we can't get through a day without a fucking thunderstorm! Normally I love thunderstorms, but not when I'm on my bicycle headed somewhere and not when they're threatening to drown my tomato plants

Every day is taking the specialness out of the thunderstorms...
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Normally I love thunderstorms, but not when I'm on my bicycle headed somewhere and not when they're threatening to drown my tomato plants

.. thats messed up about your tomato plants though.

My insomnia is really starting to bother me... I cant seem to get any sleep at all.. I feel like i'm starting to hallucinate.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ObeyBunny View Post
    I’m embarrassed to ask this, but what does the word “snark” mean? In the context I’ve heard it in previously, it sounded like a word describing someone who would tell on you if you smoked marijuana.
    ha! no, not "narc"...!

It means, basically, "snippy" or "snotty".
    IOW, she got pretty short with me and I could tell she was irked.
    ... but I still won!

I've been nice a lot on the phone, and I never get anything I want.

I had another incident where my credit card company screwed up account information after I had already fixed it once, and they were insisting I send in all my documents again -- after I had already explained in detail the situation and it was their error, they must have reloaded old database info or something...

They tried to brush me off politely, and when I got very direct and firm with them (I felt like I was "pushy"), they suddenly sucked up to me and got the problem immediately resolved.

The lesson? You basically need to be forceful and not budge, if you want them to respond. Otherwise they'll drag their feet or blow you off.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Well ... I'm recovering from knee surgery and I had a friend come in from out of town to stay with me for a few days, on short notice. I figured no problem, I would borrow the mattress from the bed I gave my neighbor and he could sleep on it on the floor since I don't have a guest room or fold out couch. Glitch. My neighbor had a guest sleeping on the bed I gave her, so she couldn't lend me the mattress. So I have to quick find something on Craig's list because it's too late to have something delivered from a store. This all ends up running me about $330 and I hate the new couch. It's the wrong color and it's uncomfortable to sit on. ... Friend comes and goes ... Somehow I contract a very nasty virus on my brand new hideously expensive laptop and it tricks me into filling out a form!! so I had to call the bank to get a new debit card and I had to call Geek Squad to come clean the virus ... Geek Squad charged me $299 to figure out that he had to just wipe the whole computer out and reinstall, which when he did that, wiped out my over 1,000 song iTunes library, and come to find out, you cannot upload back to iTunes from your iPod, so my library is gone and I'm out over $600 in one pay period and I don't know my balance because I can't check it because I have no debit card information. I want to tear out all my hair and run screaming down the street.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I am about to go to bed after little sleep last night but had a very disheartening day. We have in the past had a person who wanted to teach at my institution. This person was a complete opportunist and was always the new managers' (plural) next best friend if it furthered her cause.

After several examples of dubious ethics and compromised integrity our bosses had decided not to use her again in a teaching role. She has subsequently soiled the nest in subsequent positions at other Govt and Private training providers.

Why does this bother me now??

One of my colleagues was going to go to China on an 8 week teaching rotation. The upshot is, this woman has gone through the back door and appears to have repeated her behaviour to become the next best friend of the international ops manager and will go in place of my colleague.

The main problem I have is she will be delivering training in the qualifications given credence by our school who wouldn't have sent her if it were just their decision!! I am really pissed off that we now have such a representative!:steam:
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I'm really annoyed that this computer won't load the video stream of the South Africa vs. France game. Not only is this class dreadfully boring and tedious, but now it's not even possible to try and alleviate my boredom.

A more general frustration going on in my life is that I can't seem to focus intensely on any of my interests. I'm just way too scattered, and I hate it. I'm easily distracted, and I'm rarely entertained enough with what I'm doing to keep at it.

Also, I'm kind of feeling awkward about this guy in my class who has been hitting on me. I've figured out that I don't know how to reject people without being a bitch, and I'd like to at least be his friend. He seems cool enough for that. Should I just tell him upfront that I have a boyfriend even though he has not explicitly made a move yet? I'm so bad at tact.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I'm really annoyed that this computer won't load the video stream of the South Africa vs. France game. Not only is this class dreadfully boring and tedious, but now it's not even possible to try and alleviate my boredom.
    You're trying to watch France v South Africa to alleviate the feeling of boredom? That match is like the soccer special olympics.

Mexico v Uruguay is where it's at.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You're trying to watch France v South Africa to alleviate the feeling of boredom? That match is like the soccer special olympics.

Mexico v Uruguay is where it's at.
    Haha good point. I can't load either one though. Streaming on this comp doesn't work for some reason. It's annoying.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Pessimists. I should never be talking to them anymore because they kill my happiness. When I become president, I'll ban pessimism.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Pessimists. I should never be talking to them anymore because they kill my happiness. When I become president, I'll ban pessimism.
    Hello, optimist.

I'm curious, how much time do you think it will take you to become president, realistically?

Two, maybe three days?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf