First 56789 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    I wear my whiter-than-white New Balance athletic shoes when I'm at the gym, along with a pair of comfortable drawstring shorts. However, I will occasionally wear my dark office socks with them if I've used up all the white socks in my drawer. It's the height of geekdom.

Thank goodness you're with Mrs. Oberon.

I'd have to string you up by your feet if you did that around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'm going to send you a picture of me in pure white shoes and then you can tell me if your opinion has changed.. I'm going to prove the white shoe myth wrong damnit!
    I guess it beats the pictures guys usually send me unsolicited from OKC.
    Feet are a step up.

Wait! Did you say "myth?"
    I think this is a job for Adam and Jamie!
    Probably too dangerous, though.

How dare you speak such nonsense Jennifer! You know damn well shoes was your deciding factor.
    If you're wearing white shoes in that picture, then, you are SOOOO hosed.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I don't mind the toe shoes, but if we're going some place together for real, I'd prefer that there was a change of footwear. (Looks funny in restaurants, you know).
    I agree here too. If I'm going someplace for real and not just being casual then I'll switch to "real" shoes. These are great for casual wearing though.

You also have to consider age. lol, everyone my age (20ish) thinks that these are awesome (sometimes they think they are a bit odd) when they see me in them; male and female. But then again I do basically live in the gay center of the east, everyone here is really open minded and there are a ton of people who wear crazier things.

To answer the thread for real though, I think that whether you are judged by your shoes really varies person to person; and on the environment you're in.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I have two pair of shoes. One I never wear, because it hurts my feet.

The other:

Although I am mostly in matching outfit, I have also been seen wearing them together with shorts and shirts. Because I don't wear shoes to look good. I wear shoes I enjoy walking in.

And the fact remains, once you walk in Van Bommels, you never walk in anything else anymore.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ISFJ

it indicates a lack of awareness that could extend into other areas of a potential relationship as well.
    Lol, are you serious?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

If you had some chick show up to a charity carwash wearing a cocktail dress and high heels, you might make some judgements about her possible 1) need for attention 2) lack of awareness 3) lack of attention to details. That's all I'm saying. This is the same thing. Someone dressed in a tie-dyed shirt and a hillbilly beard looks great on the streets of Madison, Wisconsin and fits in well with the people there. Take the same outfit and go to an office with a formal dress code and it doesn't work as well.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

If you had some chick show up to a charity carwash wearing a cocktail dress and high heels, you might make some judgements about her possible 1) need for attention 2) lack of awareness 3) lack of attention to details. That's all I'm saying. This is the same thing. Someone dressed in a tie-dyed shirt and a hillbilly beard looks great on the streets of Madison, Wisconsin and fits in well with the people there. Take the same outfit and go to an office with a formal dress code and it doesn't work as well.
    There is also something to be said about the fact that people who don't dress 'appropiately' to the standards of society and wear it proudly, have a stronger personal statement and a charisma that is more true to themselves then some random pencil-licking smooth-talker lacking any personal identity.

Perceptual charisma is not always real charisma.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

That's possible. Although in most of the cases I've noted of people dressing outrageously, it has more to do with them hoping that their clothes will create a persona, rather than actually BEING that person themselves. You are correct though that the reasons for dressing out of the ordinary would influence how the other person might feel about them do so.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Dress codes can go fuck themselves though. It's a personal reminder of society's games and peoples façades that bother me so.

I can understand people being attracted to how other people dress (or not), but to read anymore into that....unless a girl goes to the charity with her boobs showing I don't see a problem.

If there was a clear of patten for need for attention though, I'd be quick to spot that, but it wouldn't be a dress code thing really. As for lacking awareness or attention to details...those aren't necessarily problems unless they actually concern the relationship.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

What matters more than the shoe itself is the reasoning behind that particular shoe, which, as much as people would like to believe they are masters of intuition, you can't tell just by looking at it.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    What matters more than the shoe itself is the reasoning behind that particular shoe, which as much as people would like to believe they are masters of intuition, you can't tell just by looking at it.
    Exactly, you said what was on my mind perfectly.