User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I dunno. Just that I'm not feeling the lovin' for guys who wear white shoes. It just doesn't look right.

Women wearing white shoes seems fine. Guys who wear white shoes are wearing spats or playing golf or they're in their 90's or something.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

In my case it's a hangover from the 80s when all of us wore white shoes proudly. Not enough time has elapsed to feel that jeans tight to the ankle or white shoes are a good thing once again.

And then there are the old men wearing sweat pants and white velcro runners. Or the occasional older man who still wears white dress shoes and is not wearing them to be on the cusp of fashion, but bought them because he thinks they look great or they remind him of a pair he had in the 70s.

On the other hand, I know the kind of white shoes to which you are referring (I think) and they are a whole different genre, which as long as they are in keeping with the accompanying clothes are fine. The boombox white shoes are even better, as long as the wearer doesn't let their coolness go to his head. Still, unless he was wearing them in an ironic, over the top kind of way (aka he realized they are ridiculous, but still likes 'em), I'd prefer he not wear them upon the first time meeting my friends or family so they give him a chance.

My cousin used to have a pair of shoes that curled up at the toes, like elf shoes when he was 17. They only were missing the little bells. My grandpa used to call him "Three Wishes".

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Yes! The OP is true. Women evaluate men on their shoes.

It was included in a socialogical documentary that's about a decade old now.

Most women aren't even aware that they "look."

It's kind of funny.

It's generally the final and deciding factor on whether or not to "get his attention." Or go on that first date.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not a fan of mandals, as a general rule, but if I like the guy, it doesn't really matter.
    Something Witty

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I prefer it if a guy wore shoes that weren't too loud in color, are hanging for dear life secured with duct tape, really weird looking, or are paired up with the wrong type of pants. If it's simple and serves the correct purpose for the style of shoe, then I'm okay with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes, yes I do. Black leather boots on men will get them a one up in my book.
    As well as being a metrosexual. And cleaning house and liking to do laundry.

Yes, and I will be single for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Yes! The OP is true. Women evaluate men on their shoes.

It was included in a socialogical documentary that's about a decade old now.

Most women aren't even aware that they "look."

It's kind of funny.

It's generally the final and deciding factor on whether or not to "get his attention." Or go on that first date.
    Sorry, I didn't see the documentary, I must have been absent the day after sex ed when they showed it in school.

Funny I have been mislead all this time to think something besides shoes was the definitive choice factor for me. Alas!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'm failing to understand this hatred of white shoes... can someone please explain what the hatred of the white shoe is about?
    I just think they look awful, and every white shoe I've seen would be vastly improved by turning into a (for example) black shoe.

Perhaps it's because most people wear dark pants; white pants might look ok with white shoes but those pants tend to look awful in most cases, and beige pants look weird with white too (brown shoes are best). Dark pants with white shoes looks really bad to me, though I don't think I judge people for it since it's more an issue of my own taste.

White strappy heels are ok with a white or light-coloured dress, in summer.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I'm probably screwed if they do, since I wear these-

Mine are just like those, but different color:

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

In all seriousness, when I look for shoes I'm really just looking for the most unremarkable, plain, "goes with absolutely everything and are comfy" shoes I can find. Shoes aren't things I think you're supposed to notice.