`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Yes.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Phantonym

Maybe not so much the kind of shoes they wear, if they don't necessarily happen to be so awfully "wrong" for the occasion so that the shoes are the main "stars" of the night. You can draw some conclusions from that but come on, they're only shoes. Personally, I don't really obsess over what people are wearing, I don't really pay that much attention to details if they're not that conspicuous. If the overall picture is fine, who cares.

But it might have to do with the condition of the shoes that definitely sticks out. Positively or negatively. Taking care of your things shows that you have respect for yourself.

Completely worn out shoes, although without a doubt, very comfortable, might also give the wrong impression like the man has little respect for himself and people around him. Could he be also slacking around in other areas?

Taking care of anything to the point of obsession and paying more attention to your shoes than the people you're with at that moment, hmmm...makes you wonder...what other obessions the man has, might he be much too controlling with other details in his life as well?

And so on...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

New Balances over Nikes.

Hiking boots.

I don't like "dress shoes" on men.

Surfers/skaters can wear Rainbows sandals.

I HATE WHITE SHOES!

I lika crocs on grown men, especially colorful ones.

Adidas I can handle, sauconys (sp?)

I hate Nikes and I tend to not like guys who wear these pussy-hipster shoes.

Oh, I love Clarks wallabies

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post

Hot or Not?
    Neither, tolerable.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I love suede shoes/boots on men.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    So it's partially true then... if your SO is wearing a shoe that you might deem inappropriate for the occasion... would you correct him?
    ha ha, actually, what I meant was where on his body he was wearing the shoe.

But more seriously, yes, I don't necessarily look at shoes but I'm very aware of the social expectation for a particular situation regardless of whether I think the expectation is right or wrong... so depending on the shoe he wears and with what outfit, I might use that to evaluate his sense of social awareness and how he feels about people... and maybe how he even might respect (or not respect) me.

To get away from the man example a moment, I went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving. I asked her what the family normally wore, so I would know what to wear. She said they were casual -- jeans and basic (nice) tops. That's what I wore too, in order to show respect and fit in. But my friend, because she was a little miffed at her family, insisted on wearing what amounted to a really nice party dress and 4" heels. I actually found her choice disrespectful (even if she was just being "independent") because of the social context she was intentionally violating, and I found out later her family was sort of miffed at her back; she took some crap because of that pointless decision.

My sense of a guy is going to be more than JUST what he wears -- I would rather have him express his intentions -- but if he doesn't honor basic conventions (or can't justify a rational reason for doing so than just serving his own whims), I'm going to feel that he's not sensitive to people and thus he might not be sensitive to me when I need him to be. That would be my concern. It's not really whether the clothes were good or bad, it's whether it signifies he'd be sensitive to me.

now you're just discriminating... what's wrong if I wanted to wear some 6" shiny red leather F-me pumps.
    I'd feel better if you wore a red PVC mini to go with it.
    If you wear jeans and a halter top, I'd think you were just a tramp.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Surfers/skaters can wear Rainbows sandals.

I HATE WHITE SHOES!
    What's wrong with white shoes?
    Can gangsters wear rainbow sandals?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I HATE WHITE SHOES!
    Me too! ...though I can accept that not everyone shares my hatred, lol.

...unfortunately.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Is it wrong that I like this shoe?

How about if I sported this shoe Fidelia? Everywhere we went... would that be cool.

Only if it were you wearing them, my friend. Besides, then I'd have all the tunes I wanted right at my disposal. And there's nothing really wrong with white shoes, but it does depend on who's wearing them. I can see them being fine in your context with the clothes you would likely choose to accompany them. I don't love the look though of the man who wears Levi 501s (like he has since we was 14), a button up shirt with no undershirt (and chest hair coming through) and a nice pair of new white Reeboks with them.

I see crocs as gardening shoes or as the only comfortable shoes older/overweight people sometimes can find. For those reasons, they are perfectly acceptable to wear. If I guy asked me out for a date though while wearing them...well, I might accept but as we got to know each other better my true feelings about the croc would probably come out.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Me too! ...though I can accept that not everyone shares my hatred, lol.
    I'm failing to understand this hatred of white shoes... can someone please explain what the hatred of the white shoe is about?