User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't think it's a myth. I've heard a lot of women talk about it too. I don't think I'm very specific, but it's a factor, just as the rest of their appearance is.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

All I know for certain is that my Campers get a lot of compliments, and are very comfortable.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Men wear shoes??
    this.

I don't notice unless they stand-out for some reason, like clown shoes.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    Yes, but what kind of shoes should he then wear?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I know a lot of women that aren't big on the socks and sandals look on guys. Generally most kinds of shoes are fine, so long as they don't stand out too much. However, I think seeing a guy wearing shiny white runners with dress pants or jean shorts with dress shoes maybe indicates either 1) being stuck in a different era 2) lack of awareness of other social norms. 3) very low tolerance for worrying about what others think. There are women on What Not To Wear that just look like they've totally given up caring about their appearance or who have a weird perception of themselves and what their clothes say about their personality (clothes should reflect personality, not create it). I don't think all men are exempt from this either, although the variety and nature of women's clothing makes it easier for them to fall into this trap.

I wouldn't write someone off solely based on that, but it would contribute to the total picture I had of him.
    No socks with sandals is a given for me... that ain't gangsta. .. So what is the thought process of women when making an evaluation like this?
    Last edited by Hate; 06-19-2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: typo was bugging me

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Urban myth.

It comes from the job interviews´ processes, in which, for male candidates, HR employees (according to themselves, of course) can tell how a man faces his responsibilities according to how he keeps his shoes. Not by the type of shoes he´s wearing. A former HR boss explained this to me, as he asked me to help him interviewing candidates.

Now that HR related disciplines such as "coaching" became a fashion, it is not unusual to hear women saying this.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Well, of course. Carrying radios on your shoulder is so last century, after all.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Ginkgo

I think some women who focus more on superficial aspects might, but I don't think it's a pressing issue. The same women who indulge in stockpiles of cosmetics and obsessively check their pocket mirrors, as if their faces change like the tides of the sea, are probably more likely to be concerned about what shoes you wear.

I've hardly known any women who were completely oblivious about these things, so they generally have a better radar for fashion than I do.

Of course, there's the issue of women evaluating men by what size they wear.... but that's a different can of worms.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    So I’m curious... how much do women take into account what kind of shoes a guy is wearing when assessing them?
    For me, it depends on where he's wearing the shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by onceuponatime View Post
    This thread makes me sad, so shallow.
    Joking aside, it seemed sort of crazy to me.

I mean, if I like a guy enough, I'll buy him a pair of damned shoes. What do shoes have to do with anything?
    (Well, unless he's wearing 6" shiny red leather F-Me pumps.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    Urban myth.

It comes from the job interviews´ processes, in which, for male candidates, HR employees (according to themselves, of course) can tell how a man faces his responsibilities according to how he keeps his shoes. Not by the type of shoes he´s wearing. A former HR boss explained this to me, as he asked me to help him interviewing candidates.

Now that HR related disciplines such as "coaching" became a fashion, it is not unusual to hear women saying this.
    Interesting... I can see this... so is this where it stemmed from? Because I have heard females speak very strongly about a males choice of shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Of course, there's the issue of women evaluating men by what size they wear.... but that's a different can of worms.
    HaHaa.. yes... let's leave size out of the issue...please... haha.. let's keep that can of worms closed.