First 513141516 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I wear big black Doc Marten boots 90% of the time, what does that say about me?
    Great Minds think alike
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I wear big black Doc Marten boots 90% of the time, what does that say about me?
    I'd say it just means you own them. Why wear any other, right?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by man View Post
    Nikes, Uggs, etc. are a major turn off
    :steam: I just bought these:

and they're awesome. I would have preferred all black but it's hard to find in a decent shoe.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I have heard that and I do know a woman that I admire and respect (an INFJ, I believe) who said one of the first things that attracted her to her husband was his shoes. She is in no way superficial, but she likes shoes.

I don't remember what shoes my husband wore when we met or while we were dating. Most of his clothes were hideous so I imagine his shoes probably were, too. I married him, but did work on replacing his wardrobe as soon as we had the money to do so.

At my current age (40 in a few months) shoes that what would impress me if I was looking would be well-worn work boots -- wear that comes from working rather than just being old and ratty.

For example, these are the shoes of a man that works hard and doesn't expect his wife to mow the yard, but does track grass through the house.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9-1
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    I notice the things guys choose to wear, including shoes, which goes into forming an impression of how they choose to appear, which does strongly hint towards personality, I think, despite the inevitable exceptions.

I wouldn't rank shoes higher than any other item of clothing in forming an impression, unless they're those ridiculous pointed men's shoes, or something really strange, or out of place for the situation, or otherwise socially inappropriate.

edit: general style category (skate shoes vs running shoes vs dress shoes vs sandals, etc) and colour would be mostly what I would notice, along with how well they fit the situation and the clothes being worn with them. Not so much the brand.
    AGREED

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I'm failing to understand this hatred of white shoes... can someone please explain what the hatred of the white shoe is about?
    Its not white shoes per se that I don't care for, but if your overall look it TOO well put together, and your shoes are perfect condition shiny white etc. It kinda bugs me... I like someone a little less concerned with their image.
    I want to be alive To all the life that is in me now, to know each moment to the uttermost.
    (Khalil Gibran from Mary Haskell's Journal June 7, 1912.)

"I'd rather die than live without Mercy and Love" - House of Heroes, Code Name Raven

"I write/Slowly at first/Then the words come quicker/Slow in comparison/To my rapid thoughts/I fall silent/In awe of love"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

According to other men, yeah, though I've never heard any woman confirm this.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

No. Gay men maybe.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    INxJ

It's really the whole package. I would notice shoes, like I notice anything on a person. Unless the shoes are bedazzled with rhinestones and sequins or high heels as someone else said, I doubt I'd make any kind of judgment.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No.

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm testing this tomorrow! I'm going to a club and I'm going to dress nice, except for my shoes, which will be ratty 8 dollar sandals, from Wal-mart. We'll settle this on the court. To place me in even more danger I'm going to go with the girl that I have affections towards. Ha! Let's see how quickly this ship sinks... or not! Who knows. I will.