First 123

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

In ways, it does. It can be very illuminating to view people's types and see how they process or interact, but it can also serve as a box. Some people want to yell "Get In The Box!" more than others because of it.
    After being on the forum, i've made more and more assessments as to why i may have certain connections with certain types. It comes with a stereotype and a feeling of wanting to approach in certain ways, but what it shouldn't do is close certain types out.

Basically, it's both good and bad. It's good when you can assess others and see typology as a core or a guideline that is otherwise malleable. It's bad when it's used for writing people off or in making excuses for behavior.
    Sure, we will behave in certain ways and point it out for a laugh or just to fuel our own curiosity, but each person needs to hone various aspects of themselves that they don't already have a handle on, that's what the forum really shows me. It's a nice little place for a learning process.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    In ways, it does. It can be very illuminating to view people's types and see how they process or interact, but it can also serve as a box. Some people want to yell "Get In The Box!" more than others because of it.
    After being on the forum, i've made more and more assessments as to why i may have certain connections with certain types. It comes with a stereotype and a feeling of wanting to approach in certain ways, but what it shouldn't do is close certain types out.

Basically, it's both good and bad. It's good when you can assess others and see typology as a core or a guideline that is otherwise malleable. It's bad when it's used for writing people off or in making excuses for behavior.
    Sure, we will behave in certain ways and point it out for a laugh or just to fuel our own curiosity, but each person needs to hone various aspects of themselves that they don't already have a handle on, that's what the forum really shows me. It's a nice little place for a learning process.
    I think people are trying to respond but I'm doing a really poor job of explaining my idea on this.

I'm going to try it again.

The functions represent a preference for how we perceive and how we judge. We have a certain ordering which is present of the functions that are inherent based on our type. An INTJ for example would generally go through the following steps in order to arrive at a conclusion on something. I'm intentionally not going to be precise with definitions, so forgive the brevity:

Ni - First, look at the big picture
    Te - Then apply judgment based on externally defined standards
    Fi - Then consider the inner compass or conscience

That is one way of "thinking"

Other types would think a different way based on their function order.

This pattern of thought comes through as people communicate. You can see it in the style of their posting.

The wise person considers the validity of all of the functions when perceiving a situation and arriving at a judgment. This is the whole point of involving people who have different perspectives in a decision.

So, what I am saying is that by understanding the different cognitive processes, by seeing examples of particular ones that have been honed and are applied in practice, we learn how to think. We see the very best of Ne, Ti, Ni, Fi, Fe, Si, etc on this board - applied through posts that people make every day.

Is this clearer?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639