First 1234 Last

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

There is a church devoted to Diego Maradona, and it is real. So, I´m not surprised by this site.

For those who understand Spanish:

Taringa! - Iglesia Maradoniana

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Good, I'm glad. Sadly though, I have met some Baptists that really, really aren't that far off from that. I didn't used to believe those kind of people truly existed, but I do now.

MBTI
    INFJ

Oh well thats great cuz I actually found some of their threads generally amusing. It reminded me of that show Squidbillies.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Sadly though, I have met some Baptists that really, really aren't that far off from that.
    That is exactly the problem, sigh, and what Poe's Law is about.

Stephen Colbert's "conservative" news show is yet another example; his show is seen as a parody by most liberals and as a serious news broadcast by some rednecks/fundies.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

There's some good nuggets of truth in there though. Their method for staving off erections in Church is a good one.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    There is a church devoted to Diego Maradona, and it is real. So, I´m not surprised by this sites.

For those who understand Spanish:

Taringa! - Iglesia Maradoniana
    Haha, next they're going to make the Church of Stephanie Meyers: the creator of all things Twilight...

...Actually I hope that never happens lol

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Haha, next they're going to make the Church of Stephanie Meyers: the creator of all things Twilight...

...Actually I hope that never happens lol
    It won´t. Stephanie Meyers is a Mormon, and, I know they can´t approve such things. So, if it happens, the Mormon church will finish it.

If going crazy (they are, but if they get worse than it), Twilight fans will turn into Mormons themselves.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That is exactly the problem, sigh, and what Poe's Law is about.

Stephen Colbert's "conservative" news show is yet another example; his show is seen as a parody by most liberals and as a serious news broadcast by some rednecks/fundies.
    The problem is that some things have gone beyond parody, and so parody ends up being imitation.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Yeah, this is a joke.

Look at their headline stipulations: "No homosexuals or women allowed!" Seriously? I mean, even their introductory topics are incendiary: "Women don't even count as people. The Bible shows us!" Too bombastic to be taken as legitimate discourse.

It's clearly an attempt to inflame "politically correct" sensibility. Or, an attempt to characterize Christian fundamentalism in a darker hue of brimstone.

It's all for gags. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    The problem is that some things have gone beyond parody, and so parody ends up being imitation.
    This is a good point.

For some, this is all the exposure available to certain types of insular thought. Runs the risk of creating a blanket generalization that this is how fundamentalism truly thinks and/or this is the way fundamentalism ought to be conveyed.

Ruins the humor when urban myths replace empirical analysis as source material.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Looked at a random thread in the link provided... sad part is, I think the daughter/mother are actually more sane than the writer XD

It's true.

See, let me explain.

Being single, and having no time to cook and clean, or do anything else that a woman should be doing, I have a hired maid to do all of that for me. Well, a few days ago, she quit, and I've had a hard time coping.

I told my father about this predicament, and he said that I should make my sister do the work until I could find another hire, which sounded like a swell idea at the time, considering she doesn't have a husband to clean and cook for.

So, she came over to my house today, along with her 8 year old daughter, Chasity, so she could do around my house.

Chasity, however, seemed to not be taking to her mother's example, and so I made my way into the kitchen to see if that could quickly change. Chasity then picked up a small jar of honey that I had sitting on the counter. She then looks right at me and says "Did you know honey has powers?"

At first, it confused me. But then she said it again. "Honey has magical powers. It is really good for stuff like-" I didn't let her finish. I knew she what she was spatting off now, and I was not going to have it in my house. I grabbed her by the hand and drug her to her mother.

I told Chasity to tell her mom what she said, and Debra (My Sister...) said "So?"

My sister then told me that she was a wicca and that she was a witch too! I was distraught!! I sent them both out of my house!

Fellow Christians! I know now why my father wanted her to visit me, so that I might be able to correct her, but I could not. I didn't even want to be in the same room with her!! I couldn't bear to let that Pagan slut breathe my air another second!

I just wanted to ask for prayers, in case she tries to curse me or something like that.

*Facepalm* I just realized after reading through the other posts... it's a fake XD

I'm... kind of glad, honestly.

Whot scares me though... is there *ARE* some people like that... and there's probably a few members who don't realize it's a joke... I think that's the part that probably hurts the most...