First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Maybe if you actually posted a positive thread instead of whining about whether people display their type, or Ne Drowning people, I might take you seriously.
    Haha!

Well, on "drowning" - they weren't my words but trust me there is more than one person who feels that way.

The other thread - I do have strong feelings on that and the debate has been worthwhile I think.

For good or bad, I have a tendency towards confronting issues. It is who I am.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    For good or bad, I have a tendency towards confronting issues. It is who I am.
    So do I.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Personally, I see this site as less Ne-intensive and more Te-rejecting. I see a large chunk of Fi types who wander here and make their opinions known -- the [sizeable] minority of Fe people often get a backlash from the rugged individualism of Fi, even if the Fe users are mods.

I don't see many, or any, IxFPs battling it out with ExFJs.... If anything, Fi has been a target for negative criticism on this messageboard, possibly only second to Si which gets regular digs. Yes, Fe has been criticized too, but Feeling in general gets more criticism than Thinking.

This boards has always felt NT heavy to me, probably because it's related to INTPc (as mentioned). And yes, it feels NP heavy also, and INXX heavy. The only Ns it seems to have less of are ENxJs. And I think after INFPgc closed down, even more INFPs migrated here.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

I don't see many, or any, IxFPs battling it out with ExFJs.... If anything, Fi has been a target for negative criticism on this messageboard, possibly only second to Si which gets regular digs. Yes, Fe has been criticized too, but Feeling in general gets more criticism than Thinking.

This boards has always felt NT heavy to me, probably because it's related to INTPc (as mentioned). And yes, it feels NP heavy also, and INXX heavy. The only Ns it seems to have less of are ENxJs. And I think after INFPgc closed down, even more INFPs migrated here.
    Si, Fi, and Fe are all pretty cool functions.

I just counted and it seems like there are about 30% more Ts than Fs. It may be why Fi and Fe are criticized - maybe the thinkers are going around criticizing attributes in others that they don't want to admit they have themselves (given they have poorly developed tertiary, inferior, or shadow feeling functions.)

I have definitely seen the Si bias and it bugs me.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Is the Internet - and especially a forum - not something like a gigantic Ne?
    At times it really does. Of course under right cirumstances too, it can also help foster Ni style discussions too, but the Ne tend to get more of the attention it seems.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

:banned:

Tri-type 639

Sniffles

That would include you as well eh?

Ginkgo

Intuitive people process data through impressions, possibilities and meanings, so the Extraverted Intuition function allows a person to see different path or ways. When information comes in, different possibilities are thought of, realizing that there is always another way of looking at things.
    That is the ANTITHESIS of oppression, or 'drowning out'. Unless you just want to see something the same way, the only way, and be confined by orthodoxy, then this should not be an issue for you. But that's your own problem.