User Tag List

First 5678917 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^Funny, I've never felt like I was one of the majority types here. Sure, I'm Ne-aux, but seriously (for interest sakes) how many infp/intp (and the other types, LOL) have gotten past 500 posts. Personally I think that would be a more accurate analysis, combined with who posted in the last three months. There's an awful lot of transient posters too.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    well... pretty much like my Se doesn't come across nearly as strongly online as in real life because it's not a function that translates well over the internet
    That's the other issue.

And IRL, the percentage of people I interact with personally on a daily basis who are N is a very low percentage. (Talking VERY low. Even in the tech field.) The huge majority are S's.

No wonder all the N's start hanging out online and congregate like this.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Based on that criteria:

INTP- 38
    ENTP- 30
    INFP- 30
    INTJ- 30
    INFJ- 26
    ENFP- 26
    ISTP- 17
    ENTJ- 10
    ISFP- 9
    ENFJ- 8
    ISTJ- 7
    ISFJ- 4
    ESTP- 4
    ESTJ- 2
    ESFJ- 1
    ESFP- 1

Similar proportions (still just over 50% Ne-using), but now it seems that there are significantly more NT active members than NFs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    That's so true, it's not just extroversion for the "walls of text", INXPs tend to shine in writing as opposed to speaking IRL and can write massive emails. Massive. The internal 'stream of consciousness' mirrors the "thinking out loud" process of ENXPs which is probably why I actually enjoy those emails/missives.

However, my ISTJ friend also get very annoyed at this "long/bizarre" email she got from our mutual INTP friend. She said she didn't read all of it and deleted it or something. L.O.L.
    So true. If I can´t find what´s the point of his/her e-mail within the first ten lines, I just ignore or delete the message.

(Wall of text)

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I don't write massive emails. I talk in a circle sometimes, but I try very hard to be concise. When the post gets too long, I feel VERY nervous. I also don't like to read massive emails unless it is interesting. If the thread is 6-7 pages long, I tend to not read all the posts. Bleh. But then, it feels like I have inadequate information but I still want to post.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I actually have a hard time writing a lot. There's so much to say but no way to get it across effectively. I am much more at ease when talking. Could be a result of high Ne or just some other factor.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    So true. If I can´t find what´s the point of his/her e-mail within the first ten lines, I just ignore or delete the message.

Actually, I've had a few people write my spawling long e-mails too, without any coherent focus, and I end up skimming/setting them aside too.

But the bulk of INxPs I've dealt with are coherent. Or at least, they are to my just-as-crazy brain.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Is the Internet - and especially a forum - not something like a gigantic Ne?
    Of course we're drawn to it... Discussing abstract theories . Absorb new ideas. That's what we're doing here all the time.
    Even the ES_Ps have to get their Ne out of the drawer to do such a thing. There are not many who like it... but some of them do, and that's a good thing, of course. Just to be clear - Of course you're allowed to play with abstract ideas, Se users... as long as I'm allowed to enjoy chocolate and all those other little concrete real-life things for which I'll get my Se out of the drawer
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Ne isn't drowning out others. Whining is.

First there is whining that people aren't conforming to the whims of a select few and rubber-stamping their type on their genitals, and now there is whining that Ne dominance is drowning people. Are the little green martians going to be landing in the NT forum and the illuminati about to take over all of the pharmaceutical companies?
    Jaguar,

I realized I hadn't responded to you on this. Just so we're clear on it, I have no personal issue, concern, or problem with "Ne drowning out others". It is a point that was raised to me by another member that seemed like it may have some validity and be worthy of consideration for the betterment of the forum. If I didn't care, I wouldn't ask the question. It is not something I am "whining" or complaining about personally. Sorry if it came across that way.

So, I ask if you would not mind, to try and not attribute motivations to my actions that don't exist. This has happened now a couple of times and strikes me as being a bit unfair.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It is a point that was raised to me by another member that seemed like it may have some validity and be worthy of consideration for the betterment of the forum.
    Maybe if you actually posted a positive thread instead of whining about whether people display their type, or Ne Drowning people, I might take you seriously.