First 123412 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Putting it into simple terms, I guess it would mean these types dominate conversations:

ENFP/ENTPs - dominant Ne
    INTPs/INFPs - auxiliary Ne
    Well, remember too that this site is owned by the same people who own INTPc and in fact was seeded from that site a little over three years ago.

IOW, a strong NTP influence should be expected, and a sizeable population of the non-INTPs who migrated here (and were encouraged to do so) were INFJs + NFPs.

That was the original membership of this site, so it determined forum culture from Day #1.

Personally, I see this site as less Ne-intensive and more Te-rejecting. I see a large chunk of Fi types who wander here and make their opinions known -- the [sizeable] minority of Fe people often get a backlash from the rugged individualism of Fi, even if the Fe users are mods.

I think N is more inclusive rather than exclusive; the one thing it excludes is rigid mindset, it insists that possibilities and options exist and won't let people claim there is just one. But doesn't that suggest then that every view should be explored? N just doesn't commit to anything.

It seems very unlikely that introverts would be dominated by their auxiliary (within themselves). However, in public interaction, it seems like extroverted functions (dominant or auxiliary) would tend to dominate interaction between people because - well they're extroverted. There would be behind the scenes influence by introverted functions I think. Maybe this is obvious.
    That makes sense theoretically; of course, in practice, on a forum where people can write and sculpt their contributes, the introverted function comes out.

Go on INTPc, for example, and you'll see a lot of Ti+Si behavior (both introverted functions of INTPs) and little Ne or Se, and a strong reaction against Fe.

This is why online forums are SO popular with introverts; they are freed from using their extroverted secondary and can finally find voice for their internal primary perspective.

If we were at a dinner party, face to face, I'd agree with you, though: THe primary would be protected, the secondary would lead the engagement unless the introvert knew people well.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

This is why online forums are SO popular with introverts; they are freed from using their extroverted secondary and can finally find voice for their internal primary perspective.
    This makes sense.

It seems like a number of people do think there is a lot of Ne here though.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I hadn't really considered that before. I suppose there is. I think I notice the Fi/Fe differences much more than Ni/Ne ones. I hadn't thought before either about the absence of Te. That's true too though. I'm wary of Te, but admire it at the same time because I don't have it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Te intensive people do not find this forum a good fit, in general; we're not structured enough in terms of the rule enforcement and in terms of the actual members. INTJs stick around, and a few ISTJs, but most leave; some go to INTJf.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I hadn't really considered that before. I suppose there is. I think I notice the Fi/Fe differences much more than Ni/Ne ones. I hadn't thought before either about the absence of Te. That's true too though. I'm wary of Te, but admire it at the same time because I don't have it.
    I'm wary of Te too.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post

I hadn't thought before either about the absence of Te. That's true too though. I'm wary of Te, but admire it at the same time because I don't have it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Te intensive people do not find this forum a good fit, in general; we're not structured enough in terms of the rule enforcement and in terms of the actual members.

Or you guys simply ban them.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Is this site so overwhelmingly Ne dominant that the rest are drowned out?

I heard this the other day and was wondering if others thought it might be true.

I never thought about this, the fact that so many users are INPs and ENPs.

I don't wanna drown anybody!!!

And, I think a lot of STPs and NJs get to say their piece here.

We, or at least, I, like them.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    There's a lot of Ne floating around, yeah, but frankly I think this site is more Fi-overloaded than anything...
    This seems to be true for me also. Although perhaps it has to do with the fact that the subforums and topics that interest me also encourage Fi types to post.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Or you guys simply ban them.
    Usually they get annoyed and leave first.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I would state no. I happen to be Ne dominant though so... take that with a grain of salt XD

My point, however, is that Ne often ends up on wild silly tangents. Sure, in the bonfire, yeu'll see Ne run rampant, but elsewhere not so much. On the more serious subforums, generally the secondary functions take better hold. For example, in politics or religion or sexuality forums, my Ti takes over pretty quickly instead.

While I can see Ne being thought of as "overwhelming", I think it's moreso that people tend to equate ANY humour and sillyness as being Ne... including any and all forms of puns, play on words, or anything that requires seeing things from more than one perspective simultaneously to get the joke. Which is most of the humour around here.

As such, I can see where people get the idea from, but I don't think it's actually "running rampant" as they believe. Alot of it's likely false positives.