User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Really- I tend to see most people with other sets of letters down as either childish or chicken
    + :chicken:

Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Gotta catch you all! Blackmail!'s Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post

This is what we do to childish Welsh chickens:->
    "A man who only drinks water has a secret to hide from his fellow-men" -Baudelaire

7w8 SCUxI

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

More people list their type than not so it never bothers me but I guess the gripe is that in real life people don't walk around with their type tattooed on their forehead, so if you want to interact with or inconspicuously observe what the types are like you can do that here to a certain degree but only if people have their type listed.

The negative side to this is that we tend to be judgmental about types and that seems to be what a lot of people are trying to avoid when not listing their type.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Of course one might suggest growing a set of balls and fighting that tendancy... in yourself and others- even if you feel that it's a losing battle... they're going to stereotype people here and in real life, you might as well put some effort into standing up for what you beleive for in a more meaningful way than just hiding behind some false letters

Really- I tend to see most people with other sets of letters down as either childish or chicken
    I agree with you here except I'd add that it can get really lonely standing up for yourself because people just end up feeling shame and guilt but they still don't like you and will still ignore you.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    imagine having to pretend to be another type to get a job!!
    Like every job interview I've ever done! Imagine handing an ISFP profile to a potential employer, they would wonder if you'd ever turn up to work at all! They'd imagine you spending every day singing and frollicking in the meadows!

I don't think I have ever been treated ungraciously on here because S is in my type, unless I've been really oblivious. Most people have been really positive.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Fighting a losing battle might be noble, but in the end, it's exhausting. I'd rather accept my personal limitations and embrace my personal strengths toward accomplishing my personal goals.

And when I had my type up, I was hiding behind false letters.
    hey, I'm the go down fighting a losing battle type... I'd rather feel proud of who I am and share the idea of "don't be a prejudiced asshole" with others than to pretend that the problem doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post

or yes, the other option... :confused:

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I agree with you here except I'd add that it can get really lonely standing up for yourself because people just end up feeling shame and guilt but they still don't like you and will still ignore you.
    my thoughts are that it's their loss for being so closed minded... plus, with a post count of 12,000 they're going to run into me sooner or later

of course retreating back to the S sections for some fun, acceptance and peace of mind is ALWAYS acceptable
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

why would anyone not like isfps?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

hey, I'm the go down fighting a losing battle type... I'd rather feel proud of who I am and share the idea of "don't be a prejudiced asshole" with others than to pretend that the problem doesn't exist
    Hey, I do the same. I'm just not so arrogant as to think that I can completely overcome my own prejudices. Our brains simply aren't wired that way.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Hey, I do the same. I'm just not so arrogant as to think that I can completely overcome my own prejudices. Our brains simply aren't wired that way.
    oh... I have a long list of people I dislike, and if this were a political forum as opposed to typological, I'd be doing battle constantly and disliking people for affiliation reasons

however, to dislike someone for their personality type is silly... so it's something I'll happily leap into the fray to fight about!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    imagine having to pretend to be another type to get a job!!
    When I got my first teaching job, the interview dialogue seemed to favor the xxFJ paradigm, so naturally I conformed. Got the job.

My current job initially seemed to demand an ENTJ outlook. Conformed. Got hired.

A form of psychological dishonesty, but a means to a financial end.