First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Not gonna lie, both this forum and my current real life are an experiment for me...
    Yes. Life is data. Analysis is ongoing.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Yes. Life is data. Analysis is ongoing.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I'm still annoyed that I was taken for smart more frequently by those who don't know me well when I was an ENTP than as an ESTP... though I'll admit to using that to my advantage and playing dumb so that I can sneak up behind them on occasion

Posting as an N and as an S can definitley give you a different perspective on some people and their prejudices... it's kind of pathetic really
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I actually have gained a whole new appreciation for S types since joining this forum. If there are any people that I would consider my "go-to" people, it is almost exclusively S types. They like knowing how to do stuff themselves, and have put the thought and attention into learning. They usually are excellent sources for music and art as well.

Yeah - I have found typing myself useful because it has allowed me to realize where my natural shortfalls are likely to be. That way I can either more intelligently seek out people who may be able to supplement my perspective with functions that I don't use, or I can consciously learn from other types what qualities make people respond well to them. While I'll never be an ESTJ in any sense, I learned from my ESTJ ex that:

1) People respond much more warmly if you "impose" yourself on them and approach them first. They feel like you are already friends, rather than feeling like there is a question whether you are good enough friends to impose on them. I used to be much almost exclusively a responder than an initiator.

2) It is worth taking the time to have a standard place for things that matter, rather than three possible ones. (I used to be amazed that he could direct me over the phone to any drawer in his apartment and I'd be able to find what it was that he needed). Still working on this.

3) Learning to do things yourself makes you valuable to other people who end up consulting you. Having a wide variety of skills you are good at makes you very attractive as a friend or romantic partner and certainly opens up opportunities professionally, even if the training was not formal.

4) If people don't express an interest in a certain subject or food immediately, sometimes it is worth trying to do the Green Eggs and Ham thing. And sometimes it works and people love you for it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    are you f@cking serious? wow wth...
    I am very fucking serious .. Lol.

I am aware i am not like yourself an ENF .. I just have different strengths.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Five stars, this bugs the shit outta me too!!!

:steam:
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't think type is all that important anymore. Even where it's useful, it seems to often lead to pigeon-holing than understanding.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

But only because people choose to make it so. While no one can be a complete spokesperson for a type, I've learned a lot by picking someone that I feel is a consistent representative and bombarding them with questions. It's been most helpful.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    But only because people choose to make it so. While no one can be a complete spokesperson for a type, I've learned a lot by picking someone that I feel is a consistent representative and bombarding them with questions. It's been most helpful.
    ^ This.

When someone exemplifies a type and displays their type it is very helpful/useful, especially when you have questions regarding their type!

It annoys the crap out of me when someone has no type listed, or some other four letter word that's supposed to be quut, unless we know that individual like HappyPuppy is an ENFP and she's trying to be funny, but still.

If you know your type, and you are on A TYPOLOGY FORUM, for fucksake!!!!

List your goddamn type, please!!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Even then, shouldn't we simply be doing that by merit of them being another human with unique perspectives and experiences, rather than as representative of a putative type? I guess I'm just more inclined toward holism than categorization upon subcategorization.