User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

Gengar!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I used to list my type, but removed it...
    You can learn all the you need about to me form my statements, just like in real life. If you need some sort of label to feel comfortable with the process of interaction then maybe you should work on that, because in real life, no one wears a sign that says 'INTP'.
    'Knowing' a person's type gives you the sense that you know what's they are about in some way, but what is that based on? Probably on assumptions and stereotypes. So what have you really gained? Just a false sense of security in your interaction.
    So I choose not to be known at the level of stereotype or assumption. You can love or hate me based on how I comport myself, not based on what you assume to be true about some abstract, arguable arbitrary catagorization.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I do list my type. It doesn't feel right to leave the space dedicated to the type blank. So I list it. But it is not my true type though. Why don't I list my true type? Because I have noticed by experience that others judge the tone of my posts by the type I have listed.

This is how people interpret my posts according to the type I've listed -

ENTP - Huh!! you're so funny. Gosh...... you ENTPs are funny.
    INTP - Hmmm... you make sense. Nice post.
    ENTJ - Edgy and hot headed.
    Do you ever change your posting style based on the type you've listed?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    that was a really well written interesting read fidelia.
    +1

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Certainly I can learn what I need to know from interactions with people and the words they say/their body language etc.

However, if I am teaching 300 kids (being a music and French teacher) and working with a whole staff of teachers and EAs who are crucial to the success of my program, as well as a team of administrators who think very differently than me, any shortcuts I can get to understand both immature and mature versions of each type is critical. I simply don't have time to learn everything through trial and error. What is a compliment to one type would be perceived as an insult by another. What is a rewarding way of conducting a lesson for one child may be very frustrating to someone else.

This forum is like a sped up version of real life for me. I see different types of people clash and discover some commonalities in what starts those clashes. I run into (and hopefully resolve) conflict with different members on this forum which hopefully inform my actions for the next time.

MBTI
    LoLz

You make me feel like an ant in an ant farm and someone just watching over it.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

^ Same here. Now I think that this site is an experiment, not just a forum.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Certainly I can learn what I need to know from interactions with people and the words they say/their body language etc.

However, if I am teaching 300 kids (being a music and French teacher) and working with a whole staff of teachers and EAs who are crucial to the success of my program, as well as a team of administrators who think very differently than me, any shortcuts I can get to understand both immature and mature versions of each type is critical. I simply don't have time to learn everything through trial and error. What is a compliment to one type would be perceived as an insult by another. What is a rewarding way of conducting a lesson for one child may be very frustrating to someone else.

This forum is like a sped up version of real life for me. I see different types of people clash and discover some commonalities in what starts those clashes. I run into (and hopefully resolve) conflict with different members on this forum which hopefully inform my actions for the next time.

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Even though I know I'm an INTJ, I switched it to INxJ so I wouldn't have to type the caveat every discussion, "though I have strong & developed Fi and am thus not a prototypical T"
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ESFJ

Lol .. When i came onto here today, one of the first things i did was remove my type.

Maybe it is coincidence, maybe not but when my 4 letters are posted, there is not much interaction but when i remove them, more people are willing to talk to me.

It is so cute when someone tells me 'I'm getting the ENF vibe from you' (3 times i've had that), when i tell them i am a sensor, they don't reply.

Go figure.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe