User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Riva

So you see, listing myself as one particular type would only lead people to have a picture of me in their heads about me which is not entirely true. It would lead people to ignore what I am really trying to say and interpret what I am saying through prejudiced glasses.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

But that would also mean you'd have to delete your username and your avatar. Your type isn't the only thing people use when they want to know how to see the things you're saying. You'd actually have to delete everything and just put down one of two words that would describe the things you want to say (the words you use also affect the way people look at you) or we'd even have to communicate in smileys only. You'd make it yourself impossible if you want to make people judge you only on the things you have to say. You can better show who you are and who you want to be. I always try to show who I am, or at least a bit of a charicature so people even understand me slightly better.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I changed it for the heck of it. But the first reason that came to mind is being sick and tired of being grouped with other ISTJs without taking note of the person behind the type. Not all ISTJs are the same.

Oh, and Fidelia, you missed ISTJs in your big long post of mushiness.
    I missed a bunch of types in my long post of mushiness. I started, and then realized that everyone didn't fit into into the ISTJ mold exactly. For any types where I still need to investigate further, I just haven't said anything about them. Those types I listed are just ones with whom I've had the most interaction.

Riva

the words you use also affect the way people look at you
    Backed up by the type you've listed.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Awww, you're so Fi right now!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    So you see, listing myself as one particular type would only lead people to have a picture of me in their heads about me which is not entirely true. It would lead people to ignore what I am really trying to say and interpret what I am saying through prejudiced glasses.
    It is a common habit among people to judge a message by its messenger and not by its content.

It happens with everything (MBTI type, age, gender, among many others).

For example, at Uni, when I present an argument from my personal experience, most people think that my reasoning is wrong, since I´m just 26. But, if a thirty-something person says exactly the same thing, they show admiration for him.

That´s why I think that it makes no sense to hide it. If they don´t aim at your type, they will go for your age, gender, or where you are from. They will find something to try to prove you wrong anyway. Although not always in the right way.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kat View Post
    Awww, you're so Fi right now!
    Honey, I am being Ti right now. Using Fe to paint a picture (A nice, colorful picture) to sell my point to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Donna Cecilia View Post
    It is a common habit among people to judge a message by its messenger and not by its content.

It happens with everything (MBTI type, age, gender, among many others).

For example, at Uni, when I present an argument from my personal experience, most people think that my reasoning is wrong, since I´m just 26. But, if a thirty-something person says exactly the same thing, they show admiration for him.

That´s why I think that it makes no sense to hide it. If they don´t aim at your type, they will go for your age, gender, or where you are from. They will find something to try to prove you wrong anyway. Although not always in the right way.
    Agree. Age plays a major role. But I've always managed to overcome this barrier (IRL) because I choose my points (Ti) and words brilliantly, use my Fe to convince the masses and don't forget I look bloody good .

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

oh no!!! ESTPs really DO fall into a mold of behavior in a way!

I DO list my type for educational purposes... too many people are willing to bitch about Sensors being dumb, or ESTPs being jerks so I am happy to leave my type up for people to see and prove that I can be a SMART jerk instead!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Agree. Age plays a major role. But I've always managed to overcome this barrier (IRL) because I choose my points (Ti) and words brilliantly, use my Fe to convince the masses and don't forget I look bloody good .
    Same here, but, a bloody good-looking man is seen in a different light. Here, a bloody good-looking woman is seen as either a slut or a superficial idiot. But this is part of the retarded culture of the place where I live. And one of my hobbies is to prove them wrong, not with words, but with actions.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Because I don't know my type.
    Only the TP is a constant. Everything else is either tied together or up in the air.