User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is my life boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudblue View Post
    My day in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I think we're spoiled by action movies and such though. Life isn't always one big party. And if you make it one big party, you will fail your responsibilities. So be happy you're doing your homework and carving a future for yourself, and not wasting your time with not being boring only to screw up your chances later.
    Great, just absolutely great

& Badger, Ratty and Toad Array Mole's Avatar

Smile Thriving and Surviving

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post a stoic fashion I've come around to thinking that one life is about as good as another.
    Nah, we can survive or thrive.

Those who are reduced to survival call themselves stoics, while those who thrive are called ecstatics.

Fortunately in developed countries our physical survival is assured as indeed is our psychological survival.

But because of a long history of physical and emotional scarcity, we can think that is all there is - there is nothing more than physical and emotional survival.

But worse, some of us envy those who are thriving and wish to bring them down to our level by saying, "One life is about as good as another".

Whereas in fact thriving is far better than mere survival. And we survive in order to thrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    Stole the answer right out of my mouth. Or is that fingers?
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Well you might want to add some ACTION! to your life if you feel like you need it. Hiking up a sufficiently tall mountain, party/dance and drink a lot (just once a year, or twice - can be health-damaging), visit another country that's known as non-boring.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

You can try to make some changes. I'm trying to change my life right now and I guess it's working really well. Earlier today I barely recognized my old classmates at the supermarket, so it must be working! Get to know yourself, discover what you want and what you can and use those things to make your life less boring. In the end boring is a very relative word. Everyone thinks something else is boring. I know many people who think they're lifes are exciting because they're partying all the time, but I personally think partying all the time (and at the exact same places every time) is boring. These people might say my life is boring too, but the thing is that I know what I want to achieve and what I want to be and my life suits that perfectly.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.