• I dream randomly.

4 12.50%
  • I don't dream.

1 3.13%
First 123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I dream about a miz of things, though all the ones I remember are 1st person.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I usually dream in first person, but once in a while my dreams include flashes of third-person or God's-eye-view scenes.

When I was small, I had..interesting dreams. Some examples are Dudley the Dragon trying to kill me by forcefeeding me porridge at knifepoint while my father drove away to work, camels wearing tree suits, inverted castles of ice, witches trying to hunt down my grandmother, and the mafia getting my mother addicted to cigarettes. Those were the nightmares actually. As for the happy happy ones I remember flying, superhero-mode-ing..and other glamorous stuff.

Whenever I dream that I'm swimming underwater, if I've been under for a long time I feel like I'm drowning, and I always rush to the water's surface and gasp for air. And then I wake up.

These days my dreams have actual plots. I once dreamt about the crab military surrounding and invading my house with all my friends in it. Another time I dreamt I got raped by my classmate:eek:.

Some of them turn out like romantic soap operas .
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sdalek View Post
    I've been thinking about my dreams lately and am wondering if others share the same experiences that I do.

One of my most vivid dreams that I had as a child, and which still is fresh with me today as back when I dreamed it in my early teens, I was standing naked on the fence of the backyard of the house we were living in at the time. I leaped off the fence and found myself floating inches above the ground, flying across the back yard and swooping up to land onto the fence on the other side. I then proceeded to fly around the yard, then the house, and then the whole neighborhood. Obviously this dream was first person.

In most of my dreams, I dream in first person. I am the primary subject of them; I see my dreams through myself and act according to the situation. I'm the hero/villain.

Some of my dreams, I dream in second person, a, observer, merely a bystander, capable of interacting but otherwise watching events unfold and happen to someone else. I am the sidekick.

In few of my dreams, I dream third person; I view the dream from a distance, like a camera following the events, having no ability to interact with the subjects of my dream at all.

My question to all is, what do you primarily dream? Why do we dream the way we do? How should it be interpreted?
    Dreams are senseless twaddle for the most part.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I usually dream in first person, but once in a while my dreams include flashes of third-person or God's-eye-view scenes.

When I was small, I had..interesting dreams. Some examples are Dudley the Dragon trying to kill me by forcefeeding me porridge at knifepoint while my father drove away to work, camels wearing tree suits, inverted castles of ice, witches trying to hunt down my grandmother, and the mafia getting my mother addicted to cigarettes. Those were the nightmares actually. As for the happy happy ones I remember flying, superhero-mode-ing..and other glamorous stuff.

Whenever I dream that I'm swimming underwater, if I've been under for a long time I feel like I'm drowning, and I always rush to the water's surface and gasp for air. And then I wake up.

These days my dreams have actual plots. I once dreamt about the crab military surrounding and invading my house with all my friends in it. Another time I dreamt I got raped by my classmate:eek:.

Some of them turn out like romantic soap operas .
    Wow! Sounds like you've had some interesting dreams.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm usually dreaming in third person, kinda like playing a video game or watching a movie. What I can't decide on is whether I'm actually "directing" what's happening in the dream or not. All the things that happen in my dream seem very natural to me. Everything I do in the dream is completely natural. Everything everyone else does is completely natural to me. It's really quite bizarre.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by dblhelix View Post
    I'm usually dreaming in third person, kinda like playing a video game or watching a movie. What I can't decide on is whether I'm actually "directing" what's happening in the dream or not. All the things that happen in my dream seem very natural to me. Everything I do in the dream is completely natural. Everything everyone else does is completely natural to me. It's really quite bizarre.
    Maybe the part of your mind that is responsible for creating stories is more "awake" when you dream than other people. I'd like to find some kind of research done on story-dreaming. (By which I mean dreams that are composed more like films or stories and contain a greater sense of time/sequence in the imagery...dreams that make sense.)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    Dreams are senseless twaddle for the most part.
    So what do you make of the rest of it?
    INTP 5W6

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I went in and looked and sure enough, the glass top was all bubbled. I was horrified. My brother is practically anal retentive about being neat, clean, and taking care of his things. Then I looked the stove over a little more closely and saw that the stove was not ruined. My brother had left the plastic film on the stovetop and that was what had bubbled. It simply needed removing and it would be good as new.
    That has got to be Freudian. I don't what it means, exactly, but it reeks of symbolism.

I usually dream in first-person, but occasionally I have third-person dreams where I'm not in the dream at all. I very occasionally have "adventure" dreams, with movie-like events, but happen to me in person. I really wish I had more of those.

When I was young, I once had a third person dream complete with opening and closing titles, voice-over narration, etc. It had something to do with a ship coming ashore in a violent storm, and mythical creatures that lived in hollow trees.

I've occasionally had TV or movie characters involved. David Duchovny has made a few appearances for some reason (usually as Mulder, once as himself).

I only had a couple nightmares as a child, and I don't believe I've ever had one as an adolescent or adult. My dreams are usually about mundane things, and there's usually some degree of conflict (some kind of problem I'm having, someone who's somewhat upset at me for some reason, someone harassing me, etc.). I'm usually managing the conflict, not overcoming it, but not being overcome by it. For example, if someone's harassing me, I keep them at bay and occasionally get the upper hand, but never get rid of them. But it's never intensely negative or frightening, so they're not nightmares by any means. Just this kind of ongoing problem management.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    INXP

I usually don't dream. When I do, I'm usually not in it, and I see huge buildings and landscapes with tall cliffs.

If I am in it, it's always third person, and it's usually violent. Being chased, often being stabbed.
    Let's do this thing.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Martoon View Post
    That has got to be Freudian. I don't what it means, exactly, but it reeks of symbolism.
    I consciously fear accidentally violating one of my brother and his wife's standards and being further excluded from their lives and that of my brother whom they are raising.

I'm not sure why I fixated on the stove other than he consulted me on the brand of appliance before he bought it and he really loves that easy to clean glass top and I recently bought a similar stove myself.

My brother is a sweet, smart, ESXJ with OCD and his wife is a wonderful ISXJ. I love and admire them deeply, but often feel that I am not good enough for them or that they are ashamed of my family and I. There is no way that they would ever let me babysit their kids.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers