User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default What good do you do?

What do you do to help other people?

What do you do to improve your environment (in the general sense, not the Al Gore sense, necessarily)?

Do you feel that you give more than you get?

Could you do more?

Why don't you?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post

What do you do to improve your environment (in the general sense, not the Al Gore sense, necessarily)?

Can you be more specific, the Al Gore sense sort of covers what comes to mind.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I could always do more, makes me feel guilty sometimes.

I try to impart goodness everywhere I go, with everyone I meet.

I'm a small-scale humanitarian, I guess.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Not much.

Nothing

Nup

Could you do more?

Yup

Why don't you?

Lazy
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

]What do you do to help other people?
    My job is pretty important to helping other people. I'm a nurses aide. (Just finished my nursing degree and will be moving on soon!) I try to be the best nurse's aide that I can. I know that many others just do their job and nothing more. I try to go above and beyond my call of duty- I pay attention to what is important to people and try to help them achieve their small goals. (Going outside, getting out of their wheelchair for a walk, or I will just sit and watchTV with them in their room so that they won't have to sit alone for hours on end.) I try to pay attention to whether or not those people are really happy and think of ways to help. I also try to motivate other aides to do the same. Of course, some days I can't be perfect with this.

Outside of my job, unfortunately I don't do much. I try to be courteous and polite and help where needed and do extra things for my friends and family when I can. I try to give compliments and encouraging words to everyone and listen to them.

Hmm...I don't get it. I guess nothing.

No. Absolutely not. I am fairly selfish and care for myself first before I care for others-unless it's someone I really. REALLY. love. I figure it is hard to take care of others when I'm not happy first.

Could you do more?
    Yes, I could do a lot more. I think that I should do a lot more knowing that it's my life's path to help others and that it makes me happy as well.

Why don't you?
    Selfishness and laziness.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Other than trying to keep out of their way and really, really trying not to be too needy, I don't really do anything significant. I guess I work more on an individual level, if people turn to me, I will definitely try to help, or if I see something that has the possibility of ending up quite bad, I do try to voice my opinion to make them see things they might have missed. I don't go around fighting the causes but I do support others who do. I guess I prefer the role of an enabler, helping people focus and refine their ideas so that they could feel confident enough to take action while I stay in the background.

I guess I do more damage control, like recycling and trying to make the "right" choices (not because I'm expected to do them, I do them because I firmly believe that these are the "right" choices") and convincing people close to me to spread the word to pay more attention to the stuff they do. In my opinion, trying to change things slowly but consistently works much better than going at it with great enthusiasm that is bound to fade. If things can be easily cut down, why do them in excess if it's harmful to you and to the environment in the long run.

No. I don't give much but I don't really get that much either, so I think things are balanced.

Could you do more?
    Most definitely. The guilt is definitely present.

Why don't you?
    Because most of the time I'm too obsessed with my own little world to even notice others having problems.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Not much.

Nothing

Nup

Could you do more?

Yup

Why don't you?

Lazy
    ^

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I do small things for people. Like for example last week this romanian kid was looking/asking around for empty bottles on a park that we were drinking. One time he came around asking if we got empty bottles, i still had like 1/3rd left of my beer, i drank as much as i could on like two seconds, threw the rest out and gave him the bottle, so that older bottle pickers wont try to get the bottle because im sure that it means more for the kid.
    If someone wants my help, ill help them if i can.

I dont really do anything to improve my environment, but i try not to destroy it too much avoiding some big and small stuff thats bad for it.

I dont really think about if i get more than i give, maybe i get more usually, but im not afraid to give more than i get in some particular case.

I could do more, but thats not so high on my priority list.

MBTI
    INTJ

Environment
    1. The circumstances or conditions that surround one; surroundings.

Basically, I meant your surroundings, not just limited to nature.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

I am there for many people when they need help. I try to be what people need. Not everyone needs or considers 'help' in the same way. Mostly I would say I am there in a listening or advisory role, if they are asking. If I can help by doing more, I usually will, however I don't want to stunt someone's growth.

I do actually. I honestly try to make the others I come in contact with happy, or at least a bit 'lighter,' it is usually very small things, like just a smile or a hello. I just try to be an air of happiness for those around me. If it makes them feel good, then I feel I have improved my environment. I also volunteer at my son's school when it is in session, if that is more of what you are talking about.

Well, I used to feel this way, very much so. However, I don't any more. I feel that now I have come to a balance in my life.

Could you do more?

Of course. There will always be more any one person can do.

Why don't you?

I expect myself to continue to grow and to become; with that growth will come more that I can and will do. I feel that I am a work in progress, and as I improve so will ability to help others.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau