User Tag List

123 Last

Hate

Default The dumbest idea the police ever came up with

I would love to know what other people think about this idea.. This is what the police call, “The Drug Drop-Off Box.”

I saw this before in front of an L.A. county police station and thought it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.. These are boxes where people are supposed to come and drop off their drugs with no questions asked.. At first I thought that this was some kind of setup or something, but then I found out that they were serious.

I couldn’t help but think, “What kind of idiot is going to walk up to the front of a police station and drop off their drugs.”

When my friend and I saw this for the first time, we couldn’t help but joke around with the police about it.. When we went inside the station to pay a fine…we started asking the officer questions.. We asked, “Have you ever actually found anything in there?” and he replied, “Are you f***ing kidding me? Hell no we haven’t found anything in there.. The only thing we found so far was trash... and some a**hole keeps dropping off empty plastic bottles trying to be funny.” Not kidding….he really said this.

I think this idea works in favor of the criminal actually.. If a drug dealer is driving to go do a deal…then a good idea would be to program their navigation system to the location of the drug drop-off box.. That way if they get pulled over and caught….they can just be like, “But I was on my way to the drug drop-off box; I was going to drop these drugs off.” I think with a good enough lawyer you could actually pull off a defense like this.

What do you think about the idea of the drug drop-off boxes?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

wonder how many people are going to try and use it as a drug pickup box?
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    wonder how many people are going to try and use it as a drug pickup box?
    Tried that....

I wish I could upload some pictures i took on my cell phone of my friend and I messing around with the boxes.... the cops got so pissed at us..

I love how they made separate boxes too instead of just having one... like it matters if the marijuana gets mixed in with the pills or something..

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    I think this idea works in favor of the criminal actually.. If a drug dealer is driving to go do a deal…then a good idea would be to program their navigation system to the location of the drug drop-off box.. That way if they get pulled over and caught….they can just be like, “But I was on my way to the drug drop-off box; I was going to drop these drugs off.” I think with a good enough lawyer you could actually pull off a defense like this.
    Better if they can run to the box and drop their stuff there so that cops cant know what he dropped there -> no evidence
    Last edited by Patches; 10-05-2013 at 09:57 AM.

MBTI
    SEXY

Lol, it is, like you said, one of the stupidest/funniest ideas any justice system has ever come up with. On top of the already mentioned reasons: If you have (illegal) drugs in the first place, why would you want to drop them off instead of using them?
    (removed)

MBTI
    INFP

LOL @ 'illegal drugs only' / 'prescription drugs only'

God.

What are they doing, recycling scripts?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Well the reason they sometimes have legal drug disposal/whatever is because, if you throw them out or flush them, they get into the water supply and cause environmental problems. An illegal drug drop-off box, though? uh...
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    Better if they can run to the box and drop their stuff there so that cops cant know what he dropped there -> no evidence
    I know right.... even if you have to get in a high speed chase or something... just drive to the police station and run to the boxes... and be like, "I felt really bad and just really wanted to get rid of these drugs officer."

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmy View Post
    If you have (illegal) drugs in the first place, why would you want to drop them off instead of using them?
    HaHaa... yup.... The first time I walked up to the boxes I honestly thought a cop was gonna jump out of the bushes or something..

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Yeah, I think its a good idea for concerned parents, social workers, other professionals or the friends or relatives of addicts to have some way of disposing of prohibited narcotics that they've confiscated without risking prosecution.

Hilarity at people disproving of or trying to police drug abuse can continue now I guess...

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, I think its a good idea for concerned parents, social workers, other professionals or the friends or relatives of addicts to have some way of disposing of prohibited narcotics that they've confiscated without risking prosecution.
    Maybe it is, but they could've thought of a better way of doing it.. In the words of the officer I spoke to, "Great, now every f*ckin crackhead we bust on the street is gonna claim they were on their way to the drug drop-off boxes." If its such a good idea then why have they found absolutely nothing? All they did was put more power in the hands of the criminal.