User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you posted your picture?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have posted my picture

48 72.73%
  • I haven't posted my picture and wouldn't

8 12.12%
  • I haven't and probably will (I feel indifferent about doing so)

4 6.06%
  • I haven't and am undecided (sometimes I want to)

6 9.09%
First 45678 Last

Thread: Un-Picture time

MBTI
    yupp

I sometimes go out in public and people see me, so whats the big deal?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    so...sy...are you saying it is your opinion that the words matter more? you think it is more truthful without the full picture?

you think the full picture is not the truth? or you think the information one attaches to it is not? it can be seen both ways really...like...that's the truth...why hide it?? and you can't see the truth unless some aspects are hidden...hmm it's an interesting break from reality...that desire to conduct conversation in that way...but it isn't one i find necessary or in any way more meaningful then reality based ones where people are out in the open and taking full responsibility for everything that they are.
    I don't believe in truth. I believe in source material and interpretation. One person thinks I'm an asshole, another person thinks I'm a real nice guy. Where's the truth?

I'm not saying it's not useful, everyone does it all the time. But I fight for the less amount of bias possible. I don't choose sides and that applies to conversation too.

If a person says "everyone thinks I'm ugly" and you know for a fact that person is gorgeous (obviously subjective, but let's assume most people would consider that person gorgeous), you might say "that can't be right" or "shut up, your beautiful" and completely ignore what the people actually said based on your perceived idea of that person.

This is a very crude and stupid example, but made to illustrate my point which is ... the biases will always come first and only then the real deal. A person is entitled to be heard for what he/she says, and not be mind read or have all kinds of meanings inferred.

How many people do you think have been nice to someone like Halle Barry (whoever you think is pretty) in her life because she was pretty? Quite a lot I'm sure.Does this mean being pretty is bad? No, I'm not saying that, but wouldn't you prefer to know people gave you attention because of your personality..the way you really are inside your head?

Besides, people put so much social façades. People are amazed when they get I'm such a NF guy IRL because all they see is the exterior, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    check that te boy if you want to talk at all.
    I'll check my Te if you check your Fi. You are ignoring all my questions when I'm actually trying to discuss this.

And this is a prime example of inferring intent and completely ignoring the message.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I don't mind showing pictures of myself, mainly because I also like to know who I'm talking to myself. I show myself, because I want to know who other people are. I want to show I'm a real person and not just something made up. And by the way, I like my own pictures, I like watching myself. But I post most of my pictures in my blog or in my albums.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I haven't posted a photo and probably never will. I just like my privacy and like to have my "real" life separate from my web activities.

MBTI
    yupp

I sometimes think the people who don't post pictures are spies (people I know in real life gathering information about me, to use against me at a later date)
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

^ Yay! I'm not a spy!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INTP

I like seeing pictures. I like a mental image of the person I'm talking to.

I have posted pics, but I am still a wee bit weird about posting pics online. This is the only forum where I've posted a pic of myself. I have friends here.
    Something Witty

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    I haven't posted a photo and probably never will. I just like my privacy and like to have my "real" life separate from my web activities.
    Hide your emotions and deepest thoughts when showing your face and hide your face when showing your emotions and deepest thoughts.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

interpretation is based on the information you provide and it is your responsibility...if you show someone that you're an asshole they will see you as such...and yes people may initially be more nice to someone they find pretty but if the personality isn't it won't matter in the end but i'm not talking about pretty or unpretty in any way. i'm talking about seeing kindness in ones eyes or confidence or vulnerability or sincerity...it's personality attributes that are observed visually....and it's the combination that i believe gives a broader understanding.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I haven't posted photos of myself in the threads, and while I am not opposed to it, I just feel odd about it for some reason. I have an album up that friends can see, but in the picture threads everyone can see them, so it just makes me feel uncomfortable. I may at some point post a photo, but not for now.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau