User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you posted your picture?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have posted my picture

48 72.73%
  • I haven't posted my picture and wouldn't

8 12.12%
  • I haven't and probably will (I feel indifferent about doing so)

4 6.06%
  • I haven't and am undecided (sometimes I want to)

6 9.09%
First 34567 Last

Thread: Un-Picture time

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i actually think it's probably pretty typical enfp behavior...that want to absorb someones being to fully empathize and understand who they are and where they come from...you don't have that?

and again i'm not saying i don't get anything out of reading. i'm pretty good at painting a picture from words alone but yes i will always prefer more information about a subject i'm interested in...the more i know the more i understand.
    Well you didn't objectively address what I said in my previous post. So I guess we can agree to disagree,

Yes, I mention I'm ENFP myself, but like with anything human, there is the good and there is the bad. And I strive to fight against my own biases. I've made mistakes before. You say the more information the more you understand...but understand about what? The actual message or the person?

Is that why so many people seem to have a problem simply discussing ideas and not getting offended when one disagrees or what have you...? I like being able to just discuss the ideas and not being read into it, or having some people saying I'm an asshole for giving my honest opinion on something and having the other person reading meaning into it that was not intended without focusing on the actual intellectual merit of the message.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah you call it bias i call it empathy you think it's something negative to be fought against and i think it's something positive that should be embraced...hell enfps are only moderately good at most things but we excel typically at this...human behavior and cognition....when someone is debating ideas...i apply my full knowledge of them to their words so i understand from the inside out how they were intended.

and yes...visual cues...tone...expression...knowing one's upbringing...all of this adds to that information pool.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    That's why a charismatic guy in one group might say one thing and have everyone applaud him and the anti-charismatic person say the exact same thing and people hate him for it.
    Excellent point. By the way, Ted Bundy fooled a lot of people before he was finally captured.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

gee... then why don't we just round up all of the charismatic people and shoot them for being too damned convincing, and potential serial killers at that
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

yeah you call it bias i call it empathy you think it's something negative to be fought against and i think it's something positive that should be embraced...hell enfps are only moderately good at most things but we excel typically at this...human behavior and cognition....when someone is debating ideas...i apply my full knowledge of them to their words so i understand from the inside out how they were intended.

and yes...visual cues...tone...expression...knowing one's upbringing...all of this adds to that information pool.
    Probably you would do this as a way to understand someone better (which is great!), but I am not convinced this is the case with everyone, which may be what Sytpg is getting at. Or maybe not...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    gee... then why don't we just round up all of the charismatic people and shoot them for being too damned convincing, and potential serial killers at that
    That is an overreaction, and you know it. Lol.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

so...sy...are you saying it is your opinion that the words matter more? you think it is more truthful without the full picture?

you think the full picture is not the truth? or you think the information one attaches to it is not? it can be seen both ways really...like...that's the truth...why hide it?? and you can't see the truth unless some aspects are hidden...hmm it's an interesting break from reality...that desire to conduct conversation in that way...but it isn't one i find necessary or in any way more meaningful then reality based ones where people are out in the open and taking full responsibility for everything that they are.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Here's me dressed up like a gerbil last Halloween.

My wife said I looked like a half gerbil/half pitbull hybrid.

--------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISFJ

^ I'm saying that it's very fallible and could even make you ignore bad shit a good (in your eyes) person says and vice versa.

And like I said I'm an ENFP myself. For all you know I can even be better at reading people than most ENFPs here. So that is not the issue at all.

Whatever : Hit the nail right in the head, but as usual misinterpreting my comments. Which is a prime example why I hate biases btw.

When I say you hit the nail right in the head, I eman when you used the words convincing. Not saying being charismatic is bad, but it often clouds the message.

You are assuming you mostly get things right. That's fairly arrogant. But I won't continue discussing this until you address all the points and questions I made.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    ^ I'm saying that it's very fallible and could even make you ignore bad shit a good (in your eyes) person says and vice versa.

And like I said I'm an ENFP myself. For all you know I can even be better at reading people than most ENFPs here. So that is not the issue at all.

Whatever : Hit the nail right in the head, but as usual misinterpreting my comments. Which is a prime example why I hate biases btw.

When I say you hit the nail right in the head, I eman when you used the words convincing. Not saying being charismatic is bad, but it often clouds the message.

You are assuming you mostly get things right. That's fairly arrogant. But I won't continue discussing this until you address all the points and questions I made.
    check that te boy if you want to talk at all.
    -Jim Morrison