User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you posted your picture?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have posted my picture

48 72.73%
  • I haven't posted my picture and wouldn't

8 12.12%
  • I haven't and probably will (I feel indifferent about doing so)

4 6.06%
  • I haven't and am undecided (sometimes I want to)

6 9.09%
First 23456 Last

Thread: Un-Picture time

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I was implying the question of whether "that would make communicating with someone like Stephen Hawking or knowing his thoughts any less interesting?"

And preference isn't in question here. But if I post a couple of pictures of myself, what does that tell you exactly? I might be very smiley in person and not at all in the pictures. Looks deceive more than sentences.
    oh i disagree. i can read words so many different ways but the visual information i get from a photograph helps me read them more clearly.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Well that's exactly my point. So why base ANYTHING at all in how a person looks?
    because i am saying i would prefer it and still understand the perspective more after knowing who it was coming from....i don't think you understood.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh i disagree. i can read words so many different ways but the visual information i get from a photograph helps me read them more clearly.
    A photograph simply collapses three dimensions down to two.

So as my artist friend tells me, every photograph is a lie.

But our writing style is unconscious, and so reveals the truth.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I can read a photograph a million different ways myself.

because i am saying i would prefer it and still understand the perspective more after knowing who it was coming from....i don't think you understood.
    Not everything is about perspective though. Content matters. His disability doesn't make his thoughts any less or any more valid than anyone else's.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

or maybe some people are simply just more visual and take in more information that way..i put them together...one doesn't outweigh the other...does it not make sense that the more information you have of someone the more you understand them? how is that difficult? really...i don't get it.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I can read a photograph a million different ways myself.

Not everything is about perspective though. Content matters. His disability doesn't make his thoughts any less or any more valid than anyone else's.
    why would you even think that necessary to say? of course it doesn't....it's not about weighing validity...it's understanding...for me... on an emotional level who this person is.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFJ

or maybe some people are simply just more visual and take in more information that way..i put them together...one doesn't outweigh the other...does it not make sense that the more information you have of someone the more you understand them? how is that difficult? really...i don't get it.
    Information is subject to interpretation. How is how one person looks information? Information about what exactly? How they look?

Information is subject to interpretation. Some people tell me I don't look nice (as in not a nice person) because it seems like I have a mean face. Sure, by looking at me they can get a piece of information : I have a certain kind of look in my eyes, but if their conclusions are bullshit, then what was gained exactly?

Besides, the point of this forum is discussing thoughts and ideas. Ideas are not bound by the way one looks. That's like saying you can't enjoy or learn from a book written by "insert your favorite author" here, because you just happen to never have looked at one of his/her pictures.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Here's my first picture!

MBTI
    ISFJ

why would you even think that necessary to say? of course it doesn't....it's not about weighing validity...it's understanding...for me... on an emotional level who this person is.
    Emotional? How do you understand someone's emotion by looking at their face? Can't you see it's highly subjective. I gave the asshole example before.

Who is Stephen Hawking on an emotional level, by simply looking at his face? What can you tell? You've seen his pictures, it's not a whole lot different irl since he can't even move...so what do you
    get about who he is on an emotional level?

And I take a lot of information visually myself, don't forget you are talking to an ENFP too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i actually think it's probably pretty typical enfp behavior...that want to absorb someones being to fully empathize and understand who they are and where they come from...you don't have that?

and again i'm not saying i don't get anything out of reading. i'm pretty good at painting a picture from words alone but yes i will always prefer more information about a subject i'm interested in...the more i know the more i understand.
    -Jim Morrison