User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you posted your picture?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have posted my picture

48 72.73%
  • I haven't posted my picture and wouldn't

8 12.12%
  • I haven't and probably will (I feel indifferent about doing so)

4 6.06%
  • I haven't and am undecided (sometimes I want to)

6 9.09%
First 1234 Last

Thread: Un-Picture time

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Why would people change their opinion of you as a poster?
    Just because your appearance is one of the things people use to form an overall impression of you, even if they aren't consciously deciding to do so. Some people would rather others form an impression from their words alone. (Okay, there's still the avatar and username that come into play).

I haven't decided if I'm going to post any. I haven't been too active here yet, so maybe after people have gotten to know me more.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

<--- Some people here don't like it.

If they are unstable enough to judge me by a picture, I don't want anything to do with them anyway.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Pictures of me are strewn across this site. I am the same everywhere, in person, online, stateside, nationwide, or international I'm the same little old me no matter what. So, I have no objection to others knowing what I look like. As a person, I'm open any way.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

It is awfully difficult to show my pictures online. It possibly may give a perception that may intercede with the perception of my writings therefore my writings may have a lower value. In honesty, It's not easy to believe it's truly a positive for those who value their own words to show their picture.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

And I thought all you people actually looked like your avatars
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just do not understand that disconnect....why the need to separate all of it...is it not all you? i feel so much more understood if someone not only hears what i say but hears where my emphasis is...my tone and inflection...the expressions on my face while i'm saying it...words can appear so flat.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've posted pictures and I've posted videos... I like the humanizing effect that it offers
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah me too. i'm interested in hearing the thoughts of people...and the more information i have of the person saying them the more accurately i understand their meaning.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

^ very much my thought on the matter... when you know who you're talking to you get more of the entire picture of WHY they are the way they are
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Smile

In a safe environment, I make myself visible, while in an unsafe environment, I make myself invisible.

So I was surprised to discover this is an unsafe environment and I removed my picture and personal details.

But just as the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland leaves his smile behind, I have left my real first name with you.

I must admit I like safe environments and I like being the centre of attention, but only as long as the attention is nourishing. When the attention turns toxic, I put on my cloak of invisibility.

It's a question of the centre and the margins. When I am likely to be loved, I move to the centre, and when I am likely to be hated, I move to the margin.

And this is why a group of three is more stable than a group of two. For in a group of three we have a choice of being in the in pair or on the outer. And when the relationships are nourishing, it is best to be in the in pair. And when the relationships are toxic, it is better to be the odd one out. But as relationships move between nourishing and toxic, so we can move between the in pair and the odd one out. And it is this movement that keeps the triad stable. While in the dyad, you only have one choice. And in the triad, you have two choices, the in group or the margin. And more choices means more stability.

And here we have many more members that three, so there are many more choices than two, and so Typology Central is remarkably stable. In fact it is so stable, we might call it the never-ending-conversation.

So Central is stable and toxic - an interesting combination.