User Tag List

View Poll Results: Have you posted your picture?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have posted my picture

48 72.73%
  • I haven't posted my picture and wouldn't

8 12.12%
  • I haven't and probably will (I feel indifferent about doing so)

4 6.06%
  • I haven't and am undecided (sometimes I want to)

6 9.09%
First 9101112 Last

Thread: Un-Picture time

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i have never had my opinion of someone change due to a photograph on here...i just like seeing them but i think it's cool if knowing more about someone allows you to be more empathetic towards them.

that's the place i was speaking from. if it matters.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    But it illustrates that written word is sometimes not enough to form an accurate opinion of something.
    I can explain the Grand Canyon to you all I want, and you might never get a clear picture of what I am talking about. If i simply show you a pic though..

But let's go back to me and my situation. Maybe I saw a delicacy or vulnerability looking at the person that they carefully guard in their words, but is much more apparent looking at them.

I don't see how this makes me hypocritical. I do however see someone who labels people as stupid for labeling others, as hypocrisy.
    Blatant hypocrisy.
    He is not labeling you stupid for labeling others, he is labeling you stupid for labeling others using standards that he does not approve. There is a world of difference, but I bet I can only explain that to you with a picture?

~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i have never had my opinion of someone change due to a photograph on here...i just like seeing them but i think it's cool if knowing more about someone allows you to be more empathetic towards them.

that's the place i was speaking from. if it matters.
    And that is where I was speaking from too.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    He is not labeling you stupid for labeling others, he is labeling you stupid for labeling others using standards that he does not approve. There is a world of difference, but I bet I can only explain that to you with a picture?

The picture was not needed But it really drives the point home anyway.

Thank you.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Well this is odd... getting caught up on this thread has made me want to post more pictures...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by stalemate View Post
    Well this is odd... getting caught up on this thread has made me want to post more pictures...
    haha!! me too!! lets post whore want to?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I have to go buy my dad a belt buckle for father's day but I can post whore later!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I have to go buy my dad a belt buckle for father's day but I can post whore later!
    haha!! cool.
    -Jim Morrison

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

It makes me want to that video thing.. I am now convinced that some people on here are misreading me.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    But it illustrates that written word is sometimes not enough to form an accurate opinion of something.
    I can explain the Grand Canyon to you all I want, and you might never get a clear picture of what I am talking about. If i simply show you a pic though..

But let's go back to me and my situation. Maybe I saw a delicacy or vulnerability looking at the person that they carefully guard in their words, but is much more apparent looking at them.

I don't see how this makes me hypocritical. I do however see someone who labels people as stupid for labeling others, as hypocrisy.
    Blatant hypocrisy.

I said people in general. When I say people I include everyone. Even me sometimes. It's a good non-specific way of channeling my anger. I'm not labeling you stupid. I don't look at all of your posts and think they are all stupid (on the contrary I tend to kinda like your posts ). I don't look at them as if I wasn't judging them impartially and actually viewing them through a "this guy is so stupid" lens. That would be a label.

Seeing my picture is not the same as "knowing more about" me.

And I'm not contrarian. I just know why I think what I think. I'm against anything that promotes unrequited discrimination. For every positive case there is a negative case. I don't like biases.