User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How I read books

I read quite fast and I read good books like I would eat some really delicious candy; intensely. I almost always finish books. They have to suck a whole lot or be due at the library (in which case I'll check them out again) for me not to read the ending.

I have little patience with most non-fiction. I'll read what's interesting and leave the rest, but it depends on the purpose. If I'm reading for pleasure I'm likely to read the whole thing.

I'll read my favourite books again and again and again. Particularly Terry Pratchett. He keeps me sane and I have to counteract uni-work with something funny.

I can't even fathom starting to read a book from the middle unless it's a specific chapter on something. It seems totally wrong and against the nature of the book (however, I have no problem whatsoever with watching a movie from the middle).

eating bugs out of hair. Array prplchknz's Avatar

sometimes I'll read the last page first. But then I Want to know how they get their so I read the entire thing.
    by @magpie

4 so/sp

Fiction - I read from start to finish.

Non-fiction - tends to take me a lot longer to read non-fiction, and sometimes I can get really bored, but I usually persevere and finish the book, no matter how long it might take. I'll also glance ahead, and skim any paragraphs/sections later on in the book if they appeal to me more than the part I'm currently reading. But I'll always go back to where I left off and continue on.

In the past when I've been reading a non-fiction book, I'll also have a fiction book I'm reading at the same time. But I don't think I've ever read more than 2 books at the same time.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints