User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Savetoby.com

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    tastes kind of like chicken, with a slight gamey edge! delicious in stews, grilled, fried and with gravy and barbecued!
    Everything tastes like chicken. Wheres the fun in that?

Now that I think about it, it sounds kind of funny. It sounds like something an INTx would make a thread about - maybe even on a forum like this. But it would just be a big joke, lol.

"I am going to eat Toby.

Toby is a white rabbit with a cute little puffie tail whom I found on my front porch munching on my wicker chair.

Toby is going to make a nice little rabbit meal if you do not donate $50,000 to me.

Here is a picture of him:

My paypal account is:

Merry Christmas! "

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

It sounds like he's a delerious bastard at first. The naming of the animal "Toby" helps the conpassionate surfer feel a connection to the animal. Realistically, he's still a bastard for wanting to use peoples' compassion as a means to con them out of their money. But he's clever.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Re op:

Why didn't I think of that???

Curses!

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Personally, I couldn't eat rabbit. But I don't eat cow or pig either, for that matter, so I guess there's no shocker there.

As far as what this guy did, different parts of my brain evaluate it differently. In one respect, I generally have a certain kind of admiration for someone who figures out a way to pull in lots of money with minimal investment of their time and resources. I've thought up a few things myself, but I'm too lazy to follow through on any of them (and I also recognize that there are countless failures for every one success).

Clearly, anyone who sent this guy money was stupid to encourage him and reward him for something they found offensive. It goes along with the basic "negotiating with terrorists" principle. On the other hand, other than the people who likely sent him money on a lark, most of the people sending money were probably good people, and I'm sure a lot of them needed money more than he did. Personally, I place a high value on intelligence and general cleverness, but I still don't feel that someone stronger, smarter, etc. is automatically entitled to the money of anyone less endowed. I could, for example, scam an elderly woman out of her life savings by manipulating her (even in ways that are completely legal), but it would still be a lame thing to do (yeah, I'm lookin' at you, smarmy TV evangelists).

But things like The Million Dollar Homepage are absolutely brilliant, and I think it's appropriate that guys like that should pull in ridiculous amounts of money.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I don't think he's particularly intelligent or manipulative. I think he just wanted to make a joke. I thought it was hilarious. He probably was surprised himself that people actually gave him money. But he also shows something interesting about human nature - how thousands of rabbits can get killed, nobody cares, but give a name to one and people start getting all emotional. I'm still amazed at how seriously some people took it and got downright angry. Obviously he wasn't going to kill it. Don't they have a sense of humor?

MBTI
    istp

If I had known about this earlier I would have considered exterminating the little bastard and putting up proof that he was dead so stupid people wouldn't have a reason to pay for anything.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I would have left the message "bon appetit" with a smile at the end or sent some recipies.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]