User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

What happened in the PUA thread? Was that the one where SS and MLF got nuked? Must have been a blood bath or something

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I really don't want this post to be about drama, another thread or member(s) or otherwise pull in my own personal biases. Please even if you think someone here might be a moralizer (myself included) I would rather the topic remain in the abstract rather than pull in close to home examples.

This is another aspect that one may notice about the moralizer is the hesitancy to keep ideas abstract and rather personalize them or otherwise demonize others.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

I'm sort of a moralizer, but not in clearly systematid/traditionalist way, i guess. I would have to consider myself a "secular" person, more or less. I have a hard time finding people who think along the sames lines, but it's great if I do. I can partly sympathize with the OP, but only to an extent - I don't really see a lot of things eye to eye when it comes to the more localized type of values (values which mbti would tell me would have a lot to do with Fe, I guess)...these are often a little more stringent in my view, and not generalized enough to apply to everyone.

[edit] Oh, and another thing.. I'm subject to change. Sometimes. Sometimes things lead to good consequences that I previously didn't know about. I think I'm flexible enough, but only the most stubborn with things that even a big "Ti" oriented person would find lame and irrational.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I'm sort of a moralizer, but not in clearly systematid/traditionalist way, i guess. I would have to consider myself a "secular" person, more or less. I have a hard time finding people who think along the sames lines, but it's great if I do. I can partly sympathize with the OP, but only to an extent - I don't really see a lot of things eye to eye when it comes to the more localized type of values (values which mbti would tell me would have a lot to do with Fe, I guess)...these are often a little more stringent in my view, and not generalized enough to apply to everyone.

[edit] Oh, and another thing.. I'm subject to change. Sometimes. Sometimes things lead to good consequences that I previously didn't know about. I think I'm flexible enough, but only the most stubborn with things that even a big "Ti" oriented person would find lame and irrational.
    We all have a few of these antiseductive tendancies. It might be just as important to discover these things and remove them from ourselfs as well as noticing them in others.

Even the chronic moralizers may not be aware that they are being moralizers (similar to how vulgarians seem oblivious that they are being vulgar). Regardless unfortunately the thing about most chronic moralisers is that they are blind to see this flaw in themselfs. In other words they worry about a speck in their friend's eye when have a log in their own?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

if you're talking about seduction techniques specifically, uh, i dont speak in a vacuum or whatever. i do try to discover things. i try to base my judgements on experience..when i cant, i try to learn from others whose insight i can readily respect.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

if you're talking about seduction techniques specifically, uh, i dont speak in a vacuum or whatever. i do try to discover things. i try to base my judgements on experience..when i cant, i try to learn from others whose insight i can readily respect.
    I am not speaking in under the limitation of seduction. I probably should have chose my words more clearly and instead of anti-seductive used the word oppressive. I too look for wisdom of those who I can respect as an authority. However even great authorities conflict and it is the idea itself which must rule regardless of whose mouth it speaks it. It is incidental in the debate of ideas as long as factual credibly is not an issue. In other words the truth is the truth regardless of who speaks it.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Nah. Any moralizer worth his/her weight in salt is very analytical.

The only moral conclusions worth pressing are ones that have withstood every criticism you could imagine subjecting them, too.

Also, if you want to moralize well, you have to be analytical so that you can be skilled at disassembling your opponent's defenses.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Nah. Any moralizer worth his/her weight in salt is very analytical.
    True enough, but sometimes... life plays out in a way that needs quick action and there's no time for argument.. and you just choose to be the hero or the villain. Melodramatic as that sounds. It's not always simple.. you need to be educated enough to see grey areas. For example, if it's Cowboys vs Indians. So much grey area there. But then, sometimes it's Cops vs Robbers. Simple choice. Get a baseball bat and knock the robber's knees out. Make an argument later.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

True enough, but sometimes... life plays out in a way that needs quick action and there's no time for argument.. and you just choose to be the hero or the villain. Melodramatic as that sounds. It's not always simple.. you need to be educated enough to see grey areas. For example, if it's Cowboys vs Indians. So much grey area there. But then, sometimes it's Cops vs Robbers. Simple choice. Get a baseball bat and knock the robber's knees out. Make an argument later.
    Bad ass response, KDude.

Very, very true. If anyone offends me they hear about it, immediately. If there is any risk to the safety of someone dear to me or myself I will act first and chew ass later. Most of the times situations requiring immediate action are easily identified, and sometimes you have to go with your gut instincts, and if you're right then you are a hero, and if you are wrong, then you are a loose cannon, but either of those two are preferable to being an apathetic sheep who lets anyone do anything in their presence.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ISTP

"I happen to like to shoot first, Rekkon. As opposed to shooting second." - Han Solo, fellow ISTP