Thread: The Beer Thread

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by EvanTheClown View Post
    Shiner Bock rocks.
    Dark Beer > Light Beer
    No.

Miller Lite ftw.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ArbiterDewey View Post
    No.
    Pfft

A shout for some hometown beers that are awesome.

Yuengling Black & Tan
    Flying Fish
    Yards

I have not tried any brews by Victory, but I hear they are very good.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Hoegaarden? It's all right, but you have to go with Allagash White (an American beer) if you want to achieve witbier nirvana.
    Hahaha. I just had to laugh at how standard this reply is. "Yeah, well, that stuff's all right, but you need to go with this stuff, my friend."

I like beer better than any other kind of alcoholic beverage; but I'm also kind of an alcohol simpleton/newb, meaning beer's mostly the only thing I've tried. I drink my mom's Milwalkee's Best Light, or something like that. I know! I'm not cultured.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

I only wish I could recall the beer I tried once and liked... it had honey in it if I recall rightly. Somehow ended up at a pub that served that and whatever that crass expensive beer is... starts with a B I think (bad day for memory).. anyhow at 4 for a pint it's just about worth it.

Normally I'm more of an Adnams drinker though nothing I've had since the first pint in Southwold itself has compared.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Hahaha. I just had to laugh at how standard this reply is. "Yeah, well, that stuff's all right, but you need to go with this stuff, my friend."

That doesn't make it any less true. And Allagash is usually cheaper than Hoegaarden, due to it's not being imported. I just hate that crappy bars now add Hoegaarden to their Heineken and Guinness, and then advertise their "excellent import selection." BORING! Plus, I am from Philadelphia. We have the highest per capita consumption of Belgian beer in North America, and we also have several of the best microbrewers in the country in the area. It's pretty serious here.

EffEm, Victory's beer are all very good, but they tend to the extreme end of taste and alcohol content. Dogfish Head in Delaware is another excellent local brewery, and Philadelphia Brewing Co. (some former Yards guys who re-opened an old brewery in Kensington). Also, Stoudt's in Adamstown, PA makes somes good beers.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP

I tried Alagash White at the Oregon Brewer's Festival over the summer...along with numerous other brews. :p I volunteered, so I got a TON of free tokens for beer. I also got free mugs, so niether my friend or I paided for anything we drank there. It was fantastic!

I always hear good things about Yeunling, so I guess I'll have to get it a try when I'm back in PA to see my Grandma. Might end up there over Christmas break...:p

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Midget View Post
    I tried Alagash White at the Oregon Brewer's Festival over the summer...along with numerous other brews. :p I volunteered, so I got a TON of free tokens for beer. I also got free mugs, so niether my friend or I paided for anything we drank there. It was fantastic!

I always hear good things about Yeunling, so I guess I'll have to get it a try when I'm back in PA to see my Grandma. Might end up there over Christmas break...:p
    Yuengling is a great local "go-to" beer. You know how a lot of cities/states have that one beer they are proud of? Eastern Pennsylvania has Yuengling, and it is one of the best (Shiner Bock is another good one; Iron City and National Bohemian are examples of crappier ones).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP

I plan on visiting several breweries this weekend with a couple of friends. We plan on driving from Salt Lake to San Francisco for Anchor Steam, then visit Rogue, Pelican, Full Sail et al. in Oregon. Throw some In-and-Out into the mix and we've got ourselves a pretty kick ass road trip.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    ENFP

Noel, will you be coming to Portland? :p