meh

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I love me some belgians.
    St. Bernardus ftw.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm a wine person but I have just recently began to explore the world of beer. I haven't gotten very far just yet. All I've tried so far is Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Killian Red, Guinness, Corona, and some other Mexican beer that I can't remember the name of. I really don't know what to try next. Of the ones that I have tried, my favorite is Killian Red, and my least favorite is Corona.
    So, based on this preference, what beer do you beer afficianados think that I would like that I haven't tried yet?
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Star W View Post
    I'm a wine person but I have just recently began to explore the world of beer. I haven't gotten very far just yet. All I've tried so far is Samuel Adams Boston Lager, Killian Red, Guinness, Corona, and some other Mexican beer that I can't remember the name of. I really don't know what to try next. Of the ones that I have tried, my favorite is Killian Red, and my least favorite is Corona.
    So, based on this preference, what beer do you beer afficianados think that I would like that I haven't tried yet?
    Sounds like you have a preference for mid-spectrum, not so hoppy beers. You might like to try some German lagers like Spaten or Paulaner. Try an Oktoberfest beer-- there's bound to be a pub near you doing an Oktoberfest celebration this weekend. It's a slightly darker (copper colored) lager called a marzen. Those are very drinkable.

If you want to push the envelope you might try a pale ale like Sierra Nevada. That will be a little sharper and hoppier than the beers you've mentioned so far.

MBTI
    IS??
    Socionics
    InFj

Quote Originally Posted by Star W View Post
    I'm a wine person but I have just recently began to explore the world of beer. ...I really don't know what to try next. Of the ones that I have tried, my favorite is Killian Red, and my least favorite is Corona.
    Since you are wine person you might enjoy ales that drink a little warmer than lagers. And depending again on your wine preferences you may be able to find brews that will make your entry into the beer arena more familiar.
    A number of companies have gone to producing "reds" here in the states they are usually easily drinkable without an assertive character they emphasize the caramel malts used to brew them and are as suggested reminiscent of Marzen style beers and Octoberfests generally. Here in the midwest some breweries have tried to step up the contrast in their reds with a pronounced hop presence (Central Waters Brewery in Amherst WI) ...the quality of the result, to me, depending on the hop variety.

The fact that Corona left you uninspired augurs well for your future as a true beer afficianado!
    Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings...Steal a little and they throw you in jail, steal a lot and they make you a king

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll give them a try!
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    IsTP

Woohoo, Sam Adam's autumn brew Oktoberfest is back on the shelves.

I don't like any other Sam Adams beer but Oktoberfest is in my top 3.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    Woohoo, Sam Adam's autumn brew Oktoberfest is back on the shelves.

I don't like any other Sam Adams beer but Oktoberfest is in my top 3.
    I prefer the pumpkinhead

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I prefer the pumpkinhead
    Never tried it
    Is that a Sam Adams beer?
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

uh.. shipyard I believe.. its much more pumpkiney than the oktoberfest.

MBTI
    IsTP

I'll have to give it a shot. I like beers that don't just have the barley/hops taste. I live for hazelnut beer, Rouge Brewery's Brown Hazelnut Nectar is just sublime.