Thread: The Beer Thread

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Do what you want.

Damn the torpedoes !!

MBTI
    ENFP

I was just coming to tell y'all about the other beer thread...which I see you have already learned about.

MBTI
    ENFP

Great Divide sounds fimiliar...where are they from? Sounds like I may have sampled one of their beers at a festival, though I can't remember at the moment. :p

MBTI
    epyT
    Enneagram

I've never really had a good beer before. It's always been like a bud or something of the sort. The way I see it, they all pretty much do the sam thing...
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Once I went craft beer, I could never go back to the cheap factory-scale lagers. After some years, my taste is now becoming (gasp) even more sophisticated. This isn't always a bad thing, except when it comes to IPAs, where I now need something more expensive like a Lagunitas or Terminal Gravity instead of a Bridgeport or Deschutes.
    INFP ~ Fi/Ne/Ni/Te ~ 9-2-4 sp/so

MBTI
    ENFP

I went to an event at Aldercrek Canoe and Kayak a while back, and I saw some Terminal Gravity there, though since I showed up a bit late, it was already being consumed by other people. :p So I didn't get any. I've never had it. Is it pretty good? I <3 me some IPAs!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    iLi

Quote Originally Posted by Typology View Post
    I've never really had a good beer before. It's always been like a bud or something of the sort. The way I see it, they all pretty much do the sam thing...
    It really becomes a question of what your goal is. Sure cheap beer does the same thing as more expensive varieties if you're just looking to get drunk, but when your goal becomes more the flavor, style, and craftsmanship; The "art" of beer, if you will. Then the differences become much more clear.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Here's a significant difference: cheaper beers are filtered, pasteurized, and in general contain a lot less of the potent ingredient hops which adds incredible flavor and psychoactivity. Cheap beers also lack the presence of yeast in the final brew, which makes it a lot less nutritious and thus can be more prone to giving you a hangover.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Midget View Post
    Great Divide sounds fimiliar...where are they from? Sounds like I may have sampled one of their beers at a festival, though I can't remember at the moment. :p
    Great Divide is a Colorado brewery; one of several great ones in and around the Denver area: Oscar Blues, Left Hand, and Avery, to name but a few.

MBTI
    ENFP

Well then, I guess I'll just have to come to Denver to some sampling. Speaking of Denver, there is a big beer festival coming up soon, right? I think it's called Great American Beer Festival in fact!