User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Thread: The Beer Thread

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I found a place that does Belgian strawberry lambics.. cold, sour, and fruity.. on draught in the City I work, two minutes walk from work. Plus I work in a country that encourages lunchtime drinking with colleagues.

Yay.

-Geoff
    that sounds good. mmm strawberry

this is my favorite beer Invigorator Doppelbock - Free State Brewing Co. - Beer Advocate
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Nine

Bellhaven's Wee Heavy is one of my favorites. It's a Scottish ale.

I also love German Wheat beers. Aventinus is a dark wheat beer that is heavenly.

MBTI
    ISTx

Default The Beer Thread

I haven't seen one of these yet, so here it goes.

Beer drinkers, discuss your faves.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Saint Paulie Girl Extra Dark. So thick it looks like molasses. Of course, everyone I know thinks it's repellant, but hey! more for me.

MBTI
    ISTx

I have yet to get into any dark beers. I haven't even tasted a Guiness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    I have yet to get into any dark beers. I haven't even tasted a Guiness.
    Well, you'll probably think its like drinking mud.

You know, imported Guiness is pretty nasty. They put some kind of chemical preservative in the bottles, like a stabilizer ( I've been told it's a type of formaldehyde, actually ), and it alters the taste of the beer. The Guiness you get out of the tap in a bar in Ireland tastes completely different.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Well, you'll probably think its like drinking mud.

You know, imported Guiness is pretty nasty. They put some kind of chemical preservative in the bottles, like a stabilizer ( I've been told it's a type of formaldehyde, actually ), and it alters the taste of the beer. The Guiness you get out of the tap in a bar in Ireland tastes completely different.
    Interesting. I heard that Budweiser in Europe is considered one of the nicer and more upper class beers (which obviously isn't it's rep in the states). I hear it tastes completely different there too as well.

Hear/Say, I might be wrong.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Interesting. I heard that Budweiser in Europe is considered one of the nicer and more upper class beers (which obviously isn't it's rep in the states). I hear it tastes completely different there too as well.

Funny to hear that isn't it? When I was overseas at school, my friends were all about some Budweiser, and I couldn't believe it. I could never enjoy the taste of Bud, even in a bottle.

American Budweiser has nothing to do with the Czech Budweiser. The American version is made by Anheuser-Busch, while the Czech one is made by Budějovický Budvar, two completely different companies/breweries. Due to an age-old trademark dispute the Czech Budvar (named Budweiser in the UK, Czech Republic and possibly a couple other countries, Budvar in the rest of Europe) is sold in the US and Canada as Czechvar.

As for my favorite beer: Staropramen Dark

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I miss beer! All I can drink now is Redbridge and Newgrist, and I like Redbridge quite a bit! It's an amber lager made with sorghum, Newgrist is a bit light for my tastes, I never really liked light beers.

I used to drink 3 Floyds Robert the Bruce (a scottish style american microbrewed ale) Negra Modelo and Smithwick's quite a bit- also liked Flying Dog's Road Dog- a nice dark porter! Dark beer is the best!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett