User Tag List

First 9171819202129 Last

Thread: The Beer Thread

MBTI
    ENFP

I had Widmer's Winter Seasonal this weekend, called Brrrrr...it was interesting.

MBTI
    INxJ

I looooove Honey Brown, but I just got back from a 10 week stay in Italy and had to get used to wine. I haven't had beer since I've returned...

Banned
    MBTI
    type

MBTI
    ENFP

Beer is just starting to sound appealing again...I had a bit too much last weekend. :p And today is my birthday.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Midget View Post
    Beer is just starting to sound appealing again...I had a bit too much last weekend. :p And today is my birthday.
    Happy birthday! Cheers!
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks, Noel! Hope everyone had a great weekend...I had this beer last night.

Kris Kringle
    Just in time for the holidays, November 14th marks the release of this year's McMenamins Traditional Yuletide Ale, Kris Kringle. The busy-as-elves McMenamins brewers have a little trick up their sleeve for the 2008 version, however. It seems that Kris Kringle has gained a few pounds over the past few months, a few pounds of both barley and hops that is! 2008 Kris Kringle is a beefi er beer than in years' past, with a bigger and bolder malt complexity as well as a bigger and bolder hop profi le. This "winter warmer" highlights the rich, toasty, aromatic and chocolaty malt fl avors as its very sturdy foundation. Generous amounts of four different hop varieties were added in fi ve different additions that will deliver a magnifi cent hop assault on your taste buds. There's still some ginger and cinnamon added into the batch but the spices are a little more subdued. McMenamins brewers hope you enjoy this bigger and bolder version of our old Holiday favorite, Kris Kringle. It should pour concurrently with Sleepy Hollow Nut Brown. Happy Holidays and a Wonderful New Year!

Malts Used: GWM Pale Ale Malt, GWM Munich Malt, GWM Wheat Malt, GWM 15L Crystal Malt, GWM 120L Crystal Malt, Baird's Chocolate Malt
    Hops Used: Nugget (Bittering & Flavor), Chinook (Flavor), Cascade (Flavor & Aroma), Crystal (Flavor & Aroma))

Alcohol: 6.84% by volume

Available at all McMenamins establishments November 14 through December 24
    It was quite yummy...

Though I didn't know they had two seasonals right now. What I had in mind to try was this one:
    Sleepy Hollow Nut Brown
    Time has slipped by again and we are confronted with the myriad of changes in the season that is autumn. Beautiful arrays of different colored foliage magically appear on the trees. Chillier weather starts to encompass our lives day by day. It's time to start thinking of burning wood in the fireplace to drive the cold from the extremities and of savoring the potion of your choice to warm the bones and soothe the soul. One can't think of anything better than the McMenamins classic seasonal brew, Sleepy Hollow Nut Brown.

Sleepy Hollow Nut Brown's chestnut color and medium body will cast an otherworldly spell over you. The complex malt character, well balanced with Nugget and US Golding hops, will have you walking in a continual reverie. Legend has it that Ichabod Crane downed a few Nut Brown Ales listening to local ghost tales and scary legends at the Van Tassel merry-making party before his fateful trip home. Be watchful and clear-headed on your way home lest you begin to grow fanciful, see shapes and shadows in the night and hear things in the howling wind. It may just be your imagination or it may just be the Headless Horseman on his fire-breathing black stallion following you!

Malts Used: Great Western Pale Ale Malt, Great Western Munich Malt, Great Western Flaked Barley, Great Western 15L Crystal Malt, Great Western 120L Crystal Malt, Baird Chocolate Malt, Baird Roast Material
    Hops: Chinook (Bittering), US Golding (Flavor and Aroma)

Original Gravity: 1.050; Terminal Gravity: 1.011
    Alcohol by Volume: 5.03%
    Calories: 215 per pint

Available at all McMenamins establishments October 31 through January 31

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm stoked about the Holiday Ale Fest! I just wanted you all to know that.

MBTI
    ENFP

The Holiday Ale Fest was a lot of fun! Friday night I volunteered, and after serving for two shifts, I ended up with 28 tickets, which provided far more beer than I was going to drink alone. :p Especially since all the beers were big, dark, beers. I wanted to try the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barley Wine, but they ran out. So Saturday I went with some friends, had about 4-5 samples, and got a nice buzz just from that. :p Sunday I went back with my stepmom, and we used the rest of the tickets. There were some really interesting beers...

MBTI
    ISTx

Who has tried the Vermont beer from "Magic Hat" brewery, "No. 9"? Tried it on tap in a bar in Pittsburgh. I liked it. Pretty unique.

MBTI
    ENFP

I've not tried Magic Hat, but heard many people rave about it. :p Maybe I'll have to try some when I'm in PA for Christmas. I was just thinking about looking up some local brews, and seeing if my stepmom wanted to go out and try some.