ENFP

I prefer Pacifico over Corona. :p

Haven't yet tasted Stella. :p

beyondaurora

Modelo Especial w/ lime
    Blue Moon (draft)
    Wailua Wheat
    Pacifico Clara
    Pilsen Rojo (I've only had this in Costa Rica -- if you know where I can buy this, please let me know!)

MBTI
    ISTx

I want to say this thread exists already in the food section.

Newcastle
    Anchor Steam

MBTI
    ISTx

I want to say this thread exists already in the food section.

Newcastle
    Anchor Steam

MBTI
    ENFP

It got merged together with a few other beer-relted threads, making one ginormus conglomerate of beer goodness. :p

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    I plan on visiting several breweries this weekend with a couple of friends. We plan on driving from Salt Lake to San Francisco for Anchor Steam, then visit Rogue, Pelican, Full Sail et al. in Oregon. Throw some In-and-Out into the mix and we've got ourselves a pretty kick ass road trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midget View Post
    What do you plan on sampling while in Portland?
    Our trip was a great success! I had a few styles I've never even tried before and quite a whole lot of beer I've never tried before.

San Fransisco:
    We went to a place called the Toronado Pub. Wow. Talk about a beer mecca! It's a dive bar with terrific brews on tap! Thrown in that it was Wednesday and not a soul in site, the bartenders were quite approachable, knowledgeable and friendly. Through the course of the night, we had the following: Russian River's Pliny the Elder & Damnation on Tap, Deschutes Brewery's The Dissident (One of the tastiest beers I've ever had! Period.), Aecht's Rauchbier, Moonlight's Death and Taxes and Fucking Chaucer Mead served warm. I need to get drunk of just mead sometime.

Next day went to an upscale Belgium beer bar called La Trappe. The beers were as follows: Rodenbach Classic (Red) (Flanders Red Sour Ale), Duchesse De Bourgogne (Flanders Red Ale) and some tripel we had that's eluding me. Paired all of those with their Four-Cheese plate with honeycomb and had a wonderful time soaking up the ambiance of the restaurant: dimmed lights with candles, comfortable chesterfields and its medieval appearance.
    For supper, we went to Kennedy's Irish Pub & Curry house. Who'd of known that two go hand and hand with each other. I had the Chicken curry with an Arrogant Bastard Ale. Yum.
    Afterwards, hopped on BART and went over to The Monk's Kettle. Apparently in the hipster part of San Fran, it certainly was crowded. I didn't have too great of a time there. Had a Stone Ale and we left shortly. They did have a pretty impressive beer menu but the prices were a bit steep compared to the aforementioned locations.
    We then went to a bar called The Phoenix Irish Bar. Nothing really to bring home about other than it had imperial pints. I had meself a Lagunitas IPA and we decided to turn in for the night.

The next day, en route to Eugene, we stopped at Bear Republic Brewery for lunch. We had a sampler of all sixteen of their beers, with some favourites being their Crazy Ivan, Big Bear Black Stout, Racer 5/X, XP Pale Ale and Red Rocket.
    Went out to some packed club in Eugene and had a glass of Rogue's Hazelnut Rum. Way too crowded and loud.

The next day, went to a place called The Bier Stein for lunch in Eugene. Had the best selection yet and offered 15% off all To-Go beer. No brainer there.
    We started driving up the Oregon Coast and landed in Newport to complete a pilgrimage to the one and only Rogue Brewery. Beers to be had: American Amber, Russian Imperial Stout, Hazelnut Brown, Yellow Snow IPA, Double-Deadguy Ale. The food here was quite outstanding! In order to get a drink/food, you had to walk through a significant portion of their brewery with the help of pointy arrows. Badass.
    Made it to Portland! We walked into the "Red light District" to have ourselves some awesome Donuts from Voodoo Doughnuts and then proceeded to walk to a beer bar called Bailey's Taproom. Great selection on tap as well as bottle varieties. We had Deschutes Hop Trip (This one is a fresh hop pale ale, where they literally pick the hops and go right to work with it), Hopworks DOA, Cascade Cuvee de Jongleur (Flemish Red Sour Ale - God I love this style!), Klamath Basin Migration Destination and Walking Man Jaywalker Imperial Stout. They have a Scrabble board and the ambiance was comforting.
    After quaffing several rounds, we all decided to go to the near by Strip club. All of us had quite an enjoyable time (Three Males + One Female). Certainly, creepy guy was there but the overall population of the place was 50|50 surprisingly. Had meself a Pabst and watched the show. All the dancers had the 1920's flappers somewhat meaty physique that I like.

Overall, I had a wonderful time. Copious amounts of alcohol were enjoyed as well as discovering new tastes for my palette. Albeit I was certainly drunk every night, drinking high quality beer has the perk (at least to me) of reducing the hangover to practically nil.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    XNXP

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Our trip was a great success! I had a few styles I've never even tried before and quite a whole lot of beer I've never tried before.
    .................................................. ...............................
    Deschutes Brewery's The Dissident (One of the tastiest beers I've ever had! Period.), Aecht's Rauchbier, Moonlight's Death and Taxes and Fucking Chaucer Mead served warm. I need to get drunk of just mead sometime.
    .................................................. ...........
    Apparently in the hipster part of San Fran, it certainly was crowded.
    Darn those hipsters !

Sounds like you had a great trip ! Unusual choice for a name on Deschutes. ( I was trying to remember where I had seen that name before, and it was from a special kind of Jasper ( rock ) that shows a "picture" when cut in cross section. ) Creative names. Wonder if any of these will ever be available out here in the Midwest ? I should probably just bite the bullet and start making my own beer, as I've thought of doing so before. There are little clubs where people have contests and compare one another's efforts locally. It would be a good way to get out and meet some fun people. There are even stores ( some brick and mortar and some internet only ) where you can buy "starter kits"
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I like most kinds of beer but I can name one kind I definitely don't like.. "the fluffy light types".
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTx

Add this to my list of faves:

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Add this to my list of faves:
    Do you find a slice of orange makes a difference? Can't say I've ever added a slice to a wheat beer but I'm now considering trying it.

*ponders the Belgian wheat beer in his fridge*