User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

A woman who follows the article in the OP would scare the fuck out of me. I'm talking looking around to make sure all the knives are where they should be kind of scared.

EDIT: Then I'd check on all the other possible objects that could be used for slashing or puncturing... and ropes, cords, wires, elastic bands, plastic bags... Na, I'll just get a hotel room instead and hide.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I would feel like such a free loader if I had a wife like that.

I think I want a wife as lazy as me, that way we do equal shares of the work. It would be nice if we were lazy about complementary things. But, as long as we can survive and be happy together, that is what matters to me.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Well, only because you asked I will try to explain. Not quite, there is something about the combination of planning plus extensive thoughtfulness that really resonates in me. Those are the kinds of acts of love I like to do. Anticipating a loved ones stress and being able to create or be exactly what they need. But it could be the idyllic nature that is attracting me, too. I can't say for sure. I'm just being honest, not trying to sound like Donna Reed and I recognize that everyone wants and expresses love differently and it shouldn't be law of the land or anything.
    It resonates for me, too. I don't think there's anything at all wrong with wanting to be Donna Reed. If you have a husband who works hard and provides well for you, why shouldn't he come home to a nice house and a good dinner, if you don't have to work? I don't think it's demeaning in any way. Of course, I'm idealizing it, because I'm my own good wife, too ... but the model back in the day was My Job/Your Job, and home making was taught as a career, with goals and plans, and the main goal and plan was to keep the breadwinner happy and healthy. I've always thought it looked good on paper.

I do see what Aphroditie is talking about, too, with regard to women being unfulfillfed after being pressured to do something with their minds. I guess it happens to both sexes, if you wake up in your 30s with no spouse, no children, and some life-sucking job where you make a lot of money but have no "life." But where men are to some extent still conditioned to expect that life, the women seem resentful and confused at where they find themselves at adulthood.

I thought the goal was that we should have a choice -- but even that assumes that there is a man there giving us a choice, because unless you have someone supporting you, there is no choice involved, your ass has to get a job.

just random thoughts

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post

I think I want a wife as lazy as me, that way we do equal shares of the work. It would be nice if we were lazy about complementary things. But, as long as we can survive and be happy together, that is what matters to me.
    See this is what makes love humankind. Of course there are free loaders but there are so many people who would feel uncomfortable being taken care of and not putting in their fair share of work somehow. Somehow. Yeah I know people can be selfish but I also think humans have an innate desire to be fair and also to help those they love.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I got 7 and one quarter, and I'm a husband.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I got 7 and one quarter, and I'm a husband.
    ei sullakaa hyvin mee

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    ei sullakaa hyvin mee
    In english: "things are not going well with you."

Well, I took the questionaire liberally and applied it to me. So, what you think is the "best" action when you're mate walks to your home?

I know that caring even a bit of anyone else is like an antithesis to the life of an INTP, the worst type to be in relationship with anyone
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    See this is what makes love humankind. Of course there are free loaders but there are so many people who would feel uncomfortable being taken care of and not putting in their fair share of work somehow. Somehow. Yeah I know people can be selfish but I also think humans have an innate desire to be fair and also to help those they love.
    To be fair, I think this was written in the days when men had the 'hard' jobs and women were basically housewives.

If the things listed there were all I had to do - and I could spend the rest of the day reading about things which interest me, or because I'm an oddball like my grandma, maybe doing architecture - I would probably be pretty content.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Capitalism is responsible for the state of our present social and economic organization (including globalization.) Thus, any pressure to "achieve" that is applied by families and schools to individuals is as a result of the system's need to reproduce itself. .
    Not sure if I understand your claim correctly, but I sure hope that I don't because the idea that you seem to have in mind strikes me as implausible. Although I would agree that the modern culture of capitalism encourages people to 'achieve', I don't know if the resultant dilemma should be attributed solely to capitalism. Non-capitalistic societies have also been known to push people to 'achieve', though for different reasons. A capitalistic family is likely to encourage their children to attain this or that position of status to earn prosperity, yet a communist or a fascist can push their son/daughter to perform for the glory of the state or the dear leader. For example, many schools of the Soviet Union preached that the teachers should be proud of the fact that their students routinely outperform American students in mathematical competitions. Students who underperform are chastized severely and derided as the shame of their respective communities, I've even attended one of thos academies until I turned 11.

Although as you noted capitalism does have a need to reproduce itself, but can't the same be said about any sociopolitical system? Surely communists and fascists attempt to futher promote their system by means that are often more viscious than those employed by the capitalists. Although capitalisms does have a potent way of motivating students to do well by promising prosperity and status, communistic socities have been known to do the same by explicit coercion. Today, we may notice that many wealthy North Korean fathers send their children to the universities so they may learn and grow for the glory of the dear leader.

It seems to me that any system will reproduce itself and its proponents will attempt to compel the public to do its bidding. Self-reproducing is an inevitable move, its a way of sociopolitical survival. The problem is not with capitalism, communism, fascism or any other social, political or economical system of thought, the problem is with people thoughtlessly buying into the popular creed of their societies. Unfortunately, I don't know if this problem can be solved as the common folk have not displayed a great ability or enthusiasm with respect to critical thought at any point in history and that's unlikely to change in the near future. If I had to hazard a guess, the best way to bring about the desirable alterations is by radically restructuring the educational system where young students will be taught to think critically and autonomously instead of merely regurgitating what they've been taught. Yet, can anyone even begin to imagine the ruckus this plan would cause? Universities would fast go bankrupt if they accepted such a plan because very few students would be interested in receiving such an education. Similarly, many teachers would likely be terminated due to their own incompetence at thinking critically and utter hostility to the very idea that students should think for themselves.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post

And this is why INTP-INTP relationships rule.
    Something Witty