LMAO!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

I am a most excellent wife to myself! Most days, I soak my own feet, cook delicious, hot meals for myself and greet myself with a warm smile and cool towel when I come home. I'm only human so I'm not always able to provide the five-star treatment I deserve, to myself, but I surely try my darndest ;-)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think most housewives from the 1950s would laugh at this. I know my grandma would. It was propaganda (to encourage women to return to their traditional role in home after working outside the home during wartime) - not a snapshot of reality back then. Kind of like reading a Cosmo article today and using that as some kind of insight into modern relationships...
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Its kind of weird but I actually wish I was like this except for some bits like the no right to question him and the master part. I hope you don't think less of me for admitting that. Obviously it is of the time, but I think as a kind of list of considerations it appeals to me. Not sure why.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think most housewives from the 1950s would laugh at this. I know my grandma would. It was propaganda (to encourage women to return to their traditional role in home after working outside the home during wartime) - not a snapshot of reality back then. Kind of like reading a Cosmo article today and using that as some kind of insight into modern relationships...
    True. My maternal grandma worked at least some of the time outside the home and had more education than my grandfather. My maternal grandparents had both been divorced when they married each other and my paternal grandparents divorced when my dad was around four years old (my dad grew up in pretty bad poverty and some nasty social stigma because of it).

FWIW, the variety we have in clothing now was a marketing tool to get people to be better consumers so that manufacturers could make more money, not really a sign of freedom and individuality, IMO.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Its kind of weird but I actually wish I was like this except for some bits like the no right to question him and the master part. I hope you don't think less of me for admitting that. Obviously it is of the time, but I think as a kind of list of considerations it appeals to me. Not sure why.
    Like how everything is so ordered and beautiful and runs smoothly or something?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    You're not alone. I agree too.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Well, yeah. But that doesn't mean it was any less pernicious.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

I strongly suspect that the original article was either a hoax or facetious. No-one was ever that stupid, even in the 50's. This has a distinct flavour of contemporary caricature about it...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    I strongly suspect that the original article was either a hoax or facetious. No-one was ever that stupid, even in the 50's. This has a distinct flavour of contemporary caricature about it...
    Yeah, but did you read that snopes article that someone linked to on the first page?