User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

4 =/

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    So far I beat you all. To top it off, I am probably dramatically younger than most of you. Geography is hardly taught in schools at all these days. I bet there are very few high-school students in this country who could tell me where Asmara, Eritrea is.

What a pity.

Anyways, I have gotten to level 11 out of 12. I am ridiculously close to beating this thing. The final level is so close.
    Good going.

I'm just not detailed-oriented. I actually deal with documents from Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, etc. (I'm a Russian-language translator). I've looked at maps of those countries hundreds of times. But when the quiz tested me on their location on the world map, I mixed them up and even picked Mongolia once.

Some things stick in my head better than others, and geography doesn't stick well.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

You can zoom in? Crap. So that's how people found the island nations.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

you could zoom?!? I was having an impossible time seeing the map and was going by land mass shapes! I was also doing this on my laptop which led to me by accident clicking on France on my way to click on Beijing!

nonetheless, I got to level 11 with a travel IQ of 123

needless so say- I've spent WAY too much time staring at atlases and planning where I want to travel some day!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    you could zoom?!? I was having an impossible time seeing the map and was going by land mass shapes! I was also doing this on my laptop which led to me by accident clicking on France on my way to click on Beijing!

nonetheless, I got to level 11 with a travel IQ of 123

needless so say- I've spent WAY too much time staring at atlases and planning where I want to travel some day!
    How did you do that?! On a laptop no less? My reflexes with a desktop mouse are okay, but I keep slipping all over the place on a laptop unless it uses a trackball instead of a touch pad. I mean, Merkw's one of those super-genius NT's who knows practically everything and doesn't really impress anyone because he's expected to be near perfect knowledge-wise. I'm still reeling from your performance.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Sub had a higher travel IQ than I do!

I just have always been ok with maps- I've had one hanging over my bed since I was 5 years old, and my INTP dad's idea of a fun game when I was a kid was "globe" it involved finding whatever he named on a globe- I was competitive enough to get into it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Very impressive, whatever. Now I am tied with someone for first place. I suppose I'll just have to put in a few more angstroms of effort.
    I don't know quite what all of you people are talking about. Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no ability to zoom-in on this game.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

I think someone said "zoom in" and actually meant "precisely place the cursor". I know that did cost me a few points, but it's the same for everyone, so no matter.

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I think someone said "zoom in" and actually meant "precisely place the cursor". I know that did cost me a few points, but it's the same for everyone, so no matter.
    Yes, I think I was that very person. Alack! What unholy chaos I cause by merely speaking!
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I took the thing a second time just to give it a shot and beat it!

that was fun!

(ah.. did I forget to mention that I went to the state geography bee final rounds 4 times as a kid! )