User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Okay, I'll answer seriously for once:

Ingmar Bergman because he could take the plainness of the surface of my life and see through it to the underlying connection to the human condition as a whole, and he'd be able to portray my life as the beautiful, ambivalent, symbolic, bittersweet dance that I see it as.
    Well said. A very good post, Ivy.
    He sees through the surface to the underlying connection to the human condition.
    This is it.
    Ingmar is close to the minipalistic school of Robert Bresson. The idea is to discard the unessential. A prerequisition to beauty. Less is more.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Yes. That is what I love about Bergman. There is nothing extraneous in there. It's as if he zoomed out a level. If I were going to memorialize my life on film I would want to discard the details and keep the essence. Beauty, pain, joy, love. All the same.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

David Lynch would need to collaborate with the Coen brothers.. and perhaps Stephen Sondheim to produce the score..
    ..yes. That would do, I think.
    Beautifully fluid and vague, nonlinear; stark, raw, intense.. everchanging structure, everything flows together and separately, systematic chaos or something.. such is life in general, and moreso when we notice. Redshifting, blueshifting. Searching. Reaching.

*edit: oh.. and perhaps most importantly, Rod Serling would need to introduce & conclude this film for our viewers. And try to sell them cigarettes.
    Last edited by Lexicon; 07-31-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: ...i forgot him!
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.

Patron Saint Of Smileys Gloriana's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    INFJ

Jim Jarmusch.

I feel like he could probably look at my entire life and pick out 20 minutes that would say everything that means anything about me and my life. I'd prefer a little capsule of me rather than an epic or complex art piece.
    "Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get, but if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you...amazing things will happen" --Conan O'Brien

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Jarmusch and Bergman would both be excellent.

I'd say also Keivlowski and Ozu would be good at getting the epic simplicity of every day life.

I'm still sticking with Greenaway though, since he can take a mundane anything and turn it into the most compelling event in history.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” -Nietzsche

MBTI
    ESFP

Michael Bay & Tony Scott ftw! first ever action movie about teaching music

George Romaro definitely

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Yes. That is what I love about Bergman. There is nothing extraneous in there. It's as if he zoomed out a level. If I were going to memorialize my life on film I would want to discard the details and keep the essence. Beauty, pain, joy, love. All the same.
    Scale.

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

1.) Harris Goldberg (Numb)
    2.) Lodge Kerrigan (Keane)
    3.) Christopher Nolan (Memento)
    4.) Peter Weir (Truman Show)

Numb is like an accurate description of me at any given social situation, when it comes to dating, my anxieties and how I live my life in general (to a minimum), I can totally relate, except for the compulsion to steal shit. My brother thinks I'm very much like the main character in Numb and Greenberg.

I just happen to like how Keane and Memento was made. Keane was deep and moving (hardly any dialogues). Memento just had an awesome setup of 10 minute flashbacks through the entire movie, I can watch it over and over again. And I like the story of Truman Show because I get paranoid like that sometimes (my life as a TV show, cameras everywhere, someone controling my life, controlling it against me somehow.. I know it's kind of narcissistic of me to believe that someone would be 'that' interested in my boring life, but you know... sometimes it just feels like God is playing with me, burning my legs off with a magnifying glass..)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Is it too soon to bump this?