INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Is that an advert?
    I prefer to call it a "plug".

Thanks for playing along. As it happens, I was less interested in your conclusion than what you did with it. After all, functions aren't opinions. Your section above shows the marks of Ne, in that you start off on one subject (power of the president), then branch out to a related but different topic (the morality of military action). Your Ne went looking for observable implications of the presidents power.

If you go back and look at my bit, you will see that my thoughts branched in a different way, looking for other things that had the same fundamental routes. The pope was the example I mentioned. My Ni concerned itself with the causes rather than the subject itself.

This is perhaps themost readily apparent differance between Ne and Ni. IK think there are others, but they are a little harder to pin down!
    Again, while I certainly see the Ne/Ni difference, I still think there is a great deal of rational reasoning going on (judging functions), at least in my case. I tend to associate the search for truth with my Fi, especially since I am an expressed introvert and spend far more time in introspection than in seeking stimulus.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I prefer to call it a "plug".

Again, while I certainly see the Ne/Ni difference, I still think there is a great deal of rational reasoning going on (judging functions), at least in my case. I tend to associate the search for truth with my Fi, especially since I am an expressed introvert and spend far more time in introspection than in seeking stimulus.
    For P types there often is, I feel. It occures to me that one of the differances between Ps and Js is that Ps relate to the world through extroverted percieving and understand it by introverted judgement. J's relate to the world via extroverted judgement and understand it through their introverted percieving.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

*A Sensors guide to Intuition*
    Taken from Chapter 7 (page 124):

Sensors don't know that there is a cop with his radar gun a mile up the road unless they see the cop car with their own eyes or unless they hear their radar detector beeping on the dash of their car. Intuitives just know that they need to slow down. And then when they pass the cop, they think, "Oh, that's why I knew that I needed to slow down! I knew something seemed fishy."

We don't necessarily need cold, hard evidence that we can see, touch, taste, hear, or feel. We just know that something seems different or strange or not right.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay