User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Yes I was wondering that too!
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Do you always hug people (back) when they initiate hugging you?

Do you hug people at all?
    If and only if they initiate it or ask for it. Except family members occasionally.

What happens with someone you do not like that tries to hug you? Do you limply return the hug? Snub them? What?
    I give them a brief, limp, one-arm thing to be polite. I don't like it much, but it isn't worth making into a big deal.

Do you rub peoples backs when you hug - or only if you are "into them like that"?
    I'd have to be "into them like that" or it would likely feel too intimate.

Do you hug people to say hello AND goodbye?
    I hug goodbye at times if the other person initiates it. I don't know anyone who hugs hello.

Is hugging awkward for you or natural? Or only natural with some people?
    It's slightly awkward more often than not, and natural only occasionally with a select few. If I expect a certain person to want a goodbye hug, I can prepare myself and get into it a bit more.

Feel free to share in general about your philosophy on hugging.
    It's wonderful when both people really want to hug and feel genuine affection for each other. I don't like it much as a hello/goodbye ritual.

Yes I do.

I like to hug people I like. It always depends on the situation. I am not normally a 'huggy' person, I like to cuddle, but I have to be very comfortable with people for either. I don't generally just 'hug' people for no reason, unless I have a SO or it is my son.

What happens with someone you do not like that tries to hug you? Do you limply return the hug? Snub them? What?
    Hugs are easy, so I do hug them. It is easy to do, and it doesn't hurt feelings. It does not impact me, so why not?

Do you rub peoples backs when you hug - or only if you are "into them like that"?
    Well, I rub my son's back when I hug him.. I really don't think I do that with anyone else, or that I ever have...

Now that I think about it, these are mostly the hugs I give or get... unless I am hugging my son... Hmmm...
    It is natural with some and awkward with some. It all depends on the situation.

I really like hugging, I should do it more.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

MBTI
    INFP

Yes. The only hugs i remember rejecting were from a mascotte in a theme park when i was a kid.

I'm reluctant to initiate hugs because i know some people hate it and i don't want to make anyone uncomfortable. I'm a passive hugger who only actively hugs when comforting people.

This has never happened. There are very few people i dislike strongly and if i do then they've done something that makes hugging out of the question.

Sort of. I rub during comforting hugs, stroke during sensual hugs and during friendly hugs it's more like patting. I suppose that's all pretty similar to rubbing.

That depends on the person, since i hardly ever initiate hugs.

It feels good to me, more natural than the common left-right-left kiss on the cheeks, which is just stupid. Just think about how many people are walking around with one cheek having been kissed 50% more than the other one. I don't think any cheek should be neglected like that and i won't stand for it.

If i hug a tree in the forest and there's nobody there to see it, am i still a filthy hippie?
    ik sprokkel wat dagen, drop baggage,
    soms heb ik geen zin om die koffers te dragen,
    ik laat los, los het op, word onzichtbaar
    en geef de buitenlucht wat ruimte terug
    dus.. nu zit ik op m'n fiets alsof het niets is,
    maar niets kan toch niet uit zichzelf pedalen laten draaien?

~ Typhoon

Phantonym

Yes.

I rarely initiate hugs with people I'm not very close to but when others do, I do hug back.

I hug them back but it feels awkward and I'd rather not do it. I sort of stiffen up as well.

Rubbing, no. A pat or few, yes.

Only with certain people who initiate it and mostly with people I've known for years so I already know that they do the hugs.

Awkward. Very. We've never done hugs in my family and when my friends did that it took me a really long time to get used to that. In more closer relationships I can be very, very huggy but it takes a long time to get to that point of comfort so that it would feel natural.

Even sending e-hugs was very awkward at first.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

no... not really... only when I'm being polite most of the time

in extreme circumstances... I'm an awkward hugger

they might as well hug a board... I go stiff (no, not in that way! I'm a girl! )

only if I'm sleeping with them... and then it's usually not thier back

no... only if they insist

it's awkward... I'm not that into most people touching me... I have a list of maybe 3 or 4 people who are allowed to touch my back, for instance... my grandmother informs me that I hug as awkwardly as a stereotypical guy

it sucks to be creeped out by hugging because I LIKE people and I like to make them happy and such... there's some situations, like comforting people, where that would be a useful skill to have... instead I stand around ineptly or ask them if they'd like something to drink... I suck at situations like that.

Also, most people I know (expecially the man's family! hug as greetings and goodbyes, so I get hugged whenever I visit people
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFJ

They will either get a genuine hug or a quick 2 second hug .. It depends on how much i like the person.

Not very often no .. I enjoy hugging my partner but i feel secure with him.

I could not snub anyone, i would hug back but you'd be able to see not a lot of effort has gone into it. Usually though if i don't like someone i won't be around them so no hugging will happen.

Only my partner.

No.

I am slowly getting used to hugging people and it being genuine .. A colleague recently hugged me and i froze .. Next time she came and held my hand whilst we were talking again i felt uncomfortable .. I am warming up to it though .. It's just the way she is.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Riva

I am not a huggy huggy person. But could fake one very well thanks to my Fe.

Well, I wouldn't rub your back, but would gladly spank your ass if you wouldn't give me an infraction.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

No. I kind of just stand there stiffly.

Not unless they ask for one (and even this is limited to close friends).

I say "Uh, what are you doing?" or "Please get off me", and again, stand there stiffly.

Definitely not.

No.

Very awkward.

Only necessary if there's a romantic interest or an extreme tragedy.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    infp

Not always, especially if they caught me off guard or it was unwelcome.

Mentally I do but physically I do not intitiate hugs.......unless I'm seriously drunk.

I freeze. I don't hug back, and my body language is pretty obviously saying get the hell off me.

Depends if I am comforting them or not. I find physical non sexual contact quite difficult.

Sometimes if I feel obliged too, but mostly I would rather wave.

Awkward to intiate with all people, doesn't matter how close you are to me, I won't initiate a hug without alcohol in my system, or unless that person is really distressed, but then there is an awkward moment in which I am trying to convince myself to hug. It's that awkward. If they inititate it, as long as I am close to the person, I can manage it. If I am not close, meaning years of knowing you, then I will freeze.

I think hugging looks nice, and sometimes feels nice. I wish I was able to do with the ease that so many people seem to be able to.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari