User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Guys....

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Sometimes I read people saying they love ENFPs and shit like that. Now, I wonder...and this could apply to any other type really, but are you guys (as in male humans) referring to female ENFPs or ENFPs in general?

I've noticed this femalization of the type. Whenever the letters ENFPs are mentioned out of context it seems one is to assume the poster is talking about a female ENFP. Much like if one were to say INTJ, usually they are referring to male INTJs.
    I think you bring up a good point actually….

For example, when I read the thread title that was asking "Do you find ENFPs annoying?" My brain automatically did think….. what…..No… I love ENFPs.. and my brain was only referring to women.. IRL the only ENFPs I know are female and they’re all cool as hell… So I think my mind automatically did generalize to what was familiar to me IRL..

I’m glad you brought this up though…. It reminds me to put my brain in check when it automatically starts to generalize and stereotype.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by AlexMagdalena View Post
    For example, when I read the thread title that was asking "Do you find ENFPs annoying?" My brain automatically did think….. what…..No… I love ENFPs.. and my brain was only referring to women.. IRL the only ENFPs I know are female and they’re all cool as hell… So I think my mind automatically did generalize to what was familiar to me IRL..
    Exactly. If I only knew female ENFPs, I'd do the same thing. That's probably why that gender stereotyping with ENFPs exists - they might not know any male ENFPs. Just like how it seems like most people don't know female ESTJs, either, so everyone on TypeC assumed that I was a guy until I made it very clear, over the course of YEARS, that I'm female.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

i dont think of females when i think ENFP but i definitely do think of males when i think INTJ

It seems that when you define a type by its females then you try to think of a male with the same characteristics, you run into a problem. Male Fs are built with similar processing powers and maybe similar quirks, but why would they act like girls or like girly things? I don't think I've met that many guys with a sexual identity crisis.

It also raises the question of how readily people can spot F males of each type. Maybe they do know a few, but haven't got their friends to take tests.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFJ

Its the same for INFJ males.

Do you have any idea how many INFJ males there are compared to INFJ females?
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Exactly. If I only knew female ENFPs, I'd do the same thing. That's probably why that gender stereotyping with ENFPs exists - they might not know any male ENFPs. Just like how it seems like most people don't know female ESTJs, either, so everyone on TypeC assumed that I was a guy until I made it very clear, over the course of YEARS, that I'm female.
    You seemed female to me before, even before I knew...

Anyway, I'd never thought of the pigsty as a female: always seemed pretty male to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Nope, would you like to say if you do?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    It’s definitely an interesting concept to ponder right? It’s like when my brain doesn’t have another solid comparison to make..... it will automatically direct my thoughts to what is familiar to me IRL and it takes a conscious effort to break that line of thinking and take a step back.

*mentally noted… you are female.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post

Do you have actual statistics on this? I’m curious about the numbers.

So is it tough being an INFJ male? Because IRL I know two INFJ males and several ENFJ males... and it seems like it is a lot harder to be an INFJ male.

I’ve noticed that the Ni > Fe vs. the Fe > Ni makes a huge difference… At least us ENFJs have the Fe dom to balance out the overdose of Ni…. After I met my INFJ male friends…. I thought…wow…. And I thought I overanalyzed everything!....It seems like my male INFJ friends seem to get swallowed up in their Ni>Fe>Ti process….

My male ENFJ friends and I find it fairly easy being male ENFJs….. But my INFJ male friends seem to have it much more complex…

MBTI
    XXFP

I've never met an ENFP male. I know more than a few ENFP females.

As I generally tend to do when I think about a type, I think about the people I know of that type.

So yes, when I think about ENFPs (and need a human comparison point), I think of women.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INFP

I imagine a woman regardless of what type you tell me. Often bikini-clad. She might have librarian glasses if she is an NT.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think I read (in some MBTI material somewhere) that roughly 75% of men are T's while 75% of women are F's. If this is true, then that leaves 25% of men to be F's and 25% of women to be T's. These statistics "seem" to be true in real life, based on my own interactions. There are T women out there, but they are rare, relative to F females. Same with F men. They are out there, but not as much as T men.

So, it's not that I *associate* F with women, it's just that when you interact with the real world you are, more often than not, going to come across fewer male F's than male T's. And fewer male F's than female F's. So, it's unique when I meet a male F.

As for ENFP's in particular, I have known 2 male ENFP's and 2 or 3-ish ENFP females and I have gotten along GREAT with every single one of them. Insane connection and laughter. Those 4 or 5 individuals would probably all rank somewhere in the top 20 coolest individuals I've ever met. I'm a HUGE fan! Just don't demand (either verbally or by giving hints) that I give you wheelbarrels full of attention, and we'll do great!
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay