User Tag List

View Poll Results: What is your favorite question?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who?

0 0%
  • What?

3 7.69%
  • When?

1 2.56%
  • Where?

0 0%
  • Why?

22 56.41%
  • How?

13 33.33%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

^ Interesting how you made the same point as me, using a number of words roughly 2 orders of magnitude greater!

Not saying mine is necessarily better mind you. It might be just that I'm too lazy to explain myself at length, or that Ne dominance favours working out conclusions through their communication.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    ^ Interesting how you made the same point as me, using a number of words roughly 2 orders of magnitude greater!

Not saying mine is necessarily better mind you. It might be just that I'm too lazy to explain myself at length, or that Ne dominance favours working out conclusions through their communication.
    Why, for the same reason that we CHOSE why!

Understanding =D

Yeur giving a straight up answer specifies WHOT yeu believe. It didn't clearly express WHY the answer was presupposed as 'better' than the others as there was a lack of context =3

Providing in depth information on each potential answer, and explaining WHY they aren't as good as 'why', and then explaining WHY 'why' is the better choice, is more likely to encourage people to think carefully through their answers and make better choices later on in life. =3

That and it's far more fun to explain the reasoning rather than just allude to the fact that there is a reason ^.~

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Lol, I was thinking that it would help people more to work that out for themselves, and that if they couldn't, there wasn't much I could do for them at this stage

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Lol, I was thinking that it would help people more to work that out for themselves, and that if they couldn't, there wasn't much I could do for them at this stage
    Well people have been systematically taught to avoid thinking for themselves, think they need a little nudge here and there =3

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Well people have been systematically taught to avoid thinking for themselves, think they need a little nudge here and there =3
    You do have a good point! And perhaps more patience and energy than me (tonight at any rate).

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    That's why I chose why. Because it is the key to not just knowing, but to understanding.
    You mean, the key to your understanding. Some people can figure out the "whys" through other methods. By answering their most important questions, the "why" gets resolved on its own. So I don't think questions contain any meaning in themselves, it's the way they're applied (internally or externally) that makes them significant to the user.

For an example, I don't really need to pay attention to "who" that often [compared to the other questions] because it doesn't have enough weight in my decisions. But for someone else, this is a monumental factor.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'm definitely a "why" and "how" person.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Not big on "why?" however am quiet fond of continually raising questions which incorporates "why not?"
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTP

I've checked "how".
    I know you're supposed to take "why" in order to look like a profound human being. I prefer shallow over lying.
    "How does it work?"
    I'll ask a lot of questions beginning with "why" but they aren't asking for reasons, only for general descriptions and laws. "Why do apples fall down?", "Why does the moon stay up?" are actually examples of "How does nature work?" - my all-time favourite question.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

What is the one I use most I think. Even in why scenarios I am a what kind of guy.